2013 has been a heck of a year so far, and while we posted our top stories of 2012 on New Year's Day, there's basically nothing going on with the iTunes freeze so I figured why not just post 'em now. All of these articles have such a massive lead over everything else that there's basically no way this list is going to change inside of the next six days anyway.
The curious thing about 2013 has been the rise in popularity of free to play guides. It makes sense, really, as while I remember being super excited for Nintendo Power published game walkthroughs in the 90's, these are sort of the same. While the elemental weaknesses of certain bosses were super relevant in the guide for the original Final Fantasy, now days it's all about how to min/max your free to play experience on as close to zero dollars as possible.
Of course, that kind of thing is just the power gamer approach to free to play, which seems to coincide well with the traffic we've seen over the year. Huge stories in 2013 for us were these guides, as well as anything to do with Minecraft.
- 'Despicable Me: Minion Rush' Review – Gets By With a Little Help From Its Minions
- 'Where's My Water? 2' Review - Swampy Rides Again...For Free
- 'Angry Birds Star Wars II' Review - We Joined the Pork Side and So Should You
- 'Batman: Arkham Origins' Review - Batman Should Keep Some Energy Drinks In His Utility Belt
- 'Boson X' Review - An Amazing 'Super Hexagon'-Like Runner
- 'Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas' Review - Zelda Is Better Without the Princess
- 'Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic' for iPad Review - A Must-Play 'Star Wars' RPG
- 'Temple Run 2' Review - That Old Familiar Feeling
- 'Rayman Fiesta Run' Review - Back With Another High Quality Showing
- 'Device 6' Review - An Interactive Story Unlike Any You've Ever Experienced
- 'Temple Run 2' Tips, Straight From A Creator
- 'Minecraft - Pocket Edition' Survival Guide For Beginners
- 'Injustice: Gods Among Us' Guide - How to Master the Game Without Spending Money
- 'Clash of Clans' Guide - How to Win Without Spending Real Money
- 'Plants vs. Zombies 2' Guide: How To Spend as Little Real Money as Possible
- 'The Blockheads' Tips, Straight From The Creator
- 'Real Racing 3' Tips on How to Spend as Little Real Money as Possible
- 'Madden NFL 25' Guide - How to Spend as Little Real Money As Possible
- 'XCOM: Enemy Unknown' Guide - Getting the Most Bang Out of Your Twenty Bucks
- 'Star Wars: Tiny Death Star' Tips - How to Progress Without Spending Real Money
News / Miscellaneous
- 'Minecraft Pocket Edition' Updated With Alpha Version of "Realms" Online Play
- Install Super Nintendo, Gameboy Advance and Other Emulators Without Jailbreaking (Again)
- WWDC 2013: Hands-On with 'Zombie Highway: Driver's Ed', a Sweet Spinoff of the Original
- 'Multiplayer for Minecraft PE' Brings Online Servers to 'Minecraft Pocket Edition' Ahead of Mojang's Official Solution
- 'Minecraft - Pocket Edition' Getting Redstone, Minecarts, Rails and More in Forthcoming Updates
- 'Pocket God' Developers Bolt Creative Announce 'Ooga Jump'
- PopCap Announces 'Plants vs. Zombies 2' is Coming in "Early Summer"
- Zombies Invade 'Plague Inc.' in Upcoming Necroa Virus Update
- Here's Some of The Best Games For Your New iPad Air
- 'Minecraft - Pocket Edition' Version 0.5.1 Update Detailed