We're about to lean back in our chairs, puff our proverbial pipes, dust off our hands, and put 2011 to a close. It's been a heck of a year for iOS gaming, and we've gone totally overboard with year end coverage, listing the greatest games the App Store had to offer.
TouchArcade has gotten even more awesome over the year, and our community has grown to be an even better place for iOS gamers to chillax, find out about new games, and discuss their favorites. We're super-excited for 2012, and I can't wait to see what new iOS devices will be released, what games will surprise us, and everything else that comes with being totally immersed in the world of iOS.
Here's a list of our various year end coverage in case you missed any of it:
- Best iOS Games: 2011 Buyer's Guide
- TouchArcade Game of the Year 2011: 'Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP'
- 2011 TouchArcade Staff Favorites - Brad
- 2011 TouchArcade Staff Favorites - Jared
- 2011 TouchArcade Staff Favorites - Eric, Nissa, and Troy
- 2011 TouchArcade Staff Favorites - Eli
- 2011 TouchArcade Staff Favorites - Blake
Also, just for fun, here were our top ten most viewed stories in 2011:
- 'DragonVale' Review - Here There Be Freemium Dragon Breeding
- Get It Before It's Gone: 'iMAME' Hits the App Store
- Atari Brings 100 Retro Titles to iOS in "Atari's Greatest Hits"!
- 'Infinity Blade' Comparison - iPad vs iPad 2
- 'Zenonia 3: The Midgard Story' Review - RPG Grinding at its Finest
- 'Tiny Tower' Review - Tiny People in a Freemium World
- '7 Little Words' Review - A 12 Letter Name Meaning "Clever Word Game"
- 'Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP' for iPad Review - An Incredible Pixel-Powered Audio Visual Experience
- Dragon Shout: A Hip, Upcoming 'Skyrim' Map App
- 'Infinity Blade 2' Review - An iOS Masterpiece
We hope you all have a safe and happy New Year, and hope you all stick with us through 2012!