With 2019 almost upon us, let’s look back at what some of our top stories of the year were. When we posted this back in 2017, Pokemon Go (Free) was still going strong, and it seemed like we couldn’t post a story about Brawl Stars (Free) that didn’t generate loads of traffic. You’d think 2018 would be all about Fortnite (Free), but in actuality it would seem that PUBG Mobile (Free) consistently had way more people reading about it. (Although that isn’t really reflected here as a few Fortnite stories did exceedingly well versus PUBG stories doing consistently great.) Interpreting site statistics is always weird though, as that could just mean people read about Fortnite stuff other places, and not that it’s necessarily actually less popular than PUBG. Another theory is that the Fortnite playerbase is younger, and as such, they’re more apt to consume the sort of stories we’d post about as YouTube videos instead of written articles. It’s all really hard to say, and one of the major challenges that come from figuring out the content direction when running a web site like TouchArcade! One thing is for sure, we could basically just not bother posting anything that isn’t a guide for a free to play game, and we’d probably be better off for it. Pretty depressing, but, it is what it is!
- How to Download Mobile ‘PUBG’ for iPhone and Android
- Get ‘Fortnite’ Mobile Invite Codes for Free on our ‘Fortnite’ Discord Server
- Apple Kills the App Store Affiliate Program, and I Have No Idea What We Are Going to Do.
- The Invite Event on iOS for ‘Fortnite Battle Royale’ Has Now Begun and You Can Sign up for It Here
- ‘FortCraft’ is NetEase’s Shameless ‘Fortnite’ Ripoff Now Available for Beta Testing
- ‘Asphalt 9: Legends’, the Latest Console-Quality Racing Release From Gameloft, Has Soft Launched on the App Store
- The Best Games for iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
- Are Cheaters and Insiders Winning the $50,000 ‘HQ Trivia’ Grand Prize?
- Both of Tencent’s ‘PUBG’ Mobile Games Are Now Available on the App Store in China for Free
- ‘Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm’ Progress Update and New Screens Released
Reviews / Previews
- ‘Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition’ Review – In Other Words, Final Fantasy 15
- ‘The Bonfire: Forsaken Lands’ Review: It Only Takes a Spark
- ‘The Sims Mobile’ Launch Day Review – Timers are Made for Real Life
- ‘Black Desert Mobile’ Korea Launch – First Impressions and Why You Should Care
- ′Dungeon Maker: Dark Lord′ Review – Hands Down One of the Greatest Dungeon Games You Will Ever Play
- ‘Stardew Valley’ Review – Who Needs Real Life?
- ‘Battleheart 2’ Review – Battleheart with a Vengeance
- ‘The Room: Old Sins’ Review: ‘The Room’ Series Continues to Amaze
- ‘Teen Titans GO Figure – Teeny Titans 2’ Hands-On Preview: Another Day in Jump City
- ‘Bloons TD 6’ Review – The Game Where Everything Happens So Much
- ‘The Sims Mobile’ Guide – How to Play Without Spending Real Money
- How to Play ‘Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery’ as Long as Possible for Free
- ‘Marvel Strike Force’ Guide – How to Assemble a Great Team for Free
- ‘Food Fantasy’ Guide: How To Fight, Summon, And Run Your Dream Restaurant
- ‘The Sims Mobile’ Guide to Relationships: How to Get Married, Have Kids and More
- ‘Sword Art Online: Integral Factor’ Tips, Cheats and Hacks
- Cheat to Win ‘HQ Trivia’ Using HQuack – An Easy ‘HQ’ Hack
- Asphalt 9: Legends Guide – How to Download the Soft Launch and Use VPN
- ‘The Walking Dead: Our World’ Guide: Tips, Cheats, Hints and Strategies to Survive Walkers in AR
- ‘Asphalt 9: Legends’ Guide – Tips, Tricks and Cheats to Race Longer and Unlock More Cars for Free
Anyone want to make some guesses as to what the top stories for 2019 are going to be, aside from the obvious free to play guide content that everyone loves to complain about when we post it? Personally, I’m super curious to see if/when Fortnite and PUBG are going to run out of steam. I think they’ve got a lot of legs left, but all it’s going to take is an even more viral hit to happen and the players will migrate to the cool new thing. I guess we’ll just have to see!