- Paper Airplane ($0.99 -> Free) – forum thread
- Prohibition 3: Candy Wars ($1.99 -> Free) – from former Newton developer Catamount software. Candy wars is the App Store friendly version of Dope Wars. Unfortunately Dope Wars was rejected by Apple, so instead of selling cocaine, you’re selling sour tarts. Basic game is the same. And free for now.
- Sky Thunder ($1.99 -> Free) – A vertical shoot’em up.
- Sentry Alpha ($1.99 -> $0.99) – A very nice vertical shoot’em up that we looked at (with video). The game has been updated significantly since we first saw it and reminds us of Xevious.
- SlotZ Racer ($2.99 -> $0.99) – Freeverse’s very fun and non-traditional racing game that has become a reader favorite. Now with a online custom level sharing. Easily worth $0.99.
- The Creeps ($4.99 -> $0.99) – A very fun Tower Defense game. See our review. Highly recommended for $0.99.
- Flick Fishing ($1.99 -> $0.99) – Another well loved game from Freeverse. Gameplay video.
$1.99 and Up
- Gemmed ($2.99 -> $1.99) – A strategic Match-3 that we quite enjoyed. Review/video.
- 7 Cities ($4.99 -> $1.99) – Some feel this is the best Tower Defense game on the iPhone. Video.
- Melody Match ($3.99 -> $1.99) – Match with your ears, not your eyes. Review/video.
- The Price is Right ($4.99 -> $2.99) – Classic game-show turned into video game.
- Aurora Feint II: The Arena ($4.99 -> $3.99) – The sequel to the original. Challenge others online.