Aspyr Media brought the New Frontier Pass to Civilization VI (Free) on iOS after it debuted on other platforms. If you’ve not kept up with Civilization VI on mobile, it debuted on iPad for free a while ago. Since then, it has gotten updated with new DLC and expansions including the universal update and a lot more. The iOS version has always been behind consoles, but today 2K announced a new set of content coming to iOS alongside the PC and macOS versions. This is the new Leader Pass that will bring six DLC packs releasing beginning next week on PC. This Civilization VI Leader Pass is free for owners of Civilization VI Anthology on Steam, but will be sold separately for iOS and Mac App Store owners of the game. Watch the trailer for the Leader Pass below:
The Civilization VI Leader Pass includes the following packs:
- Great Negotiators Pack (Pack 1): Coming November 21, 2022 ; test your diplomacy skills with the Great Negotiators Pack, including Abraham Lincoln (United States), Queen Nzinga Mbande (Kongo), and Sultan Saladin (Arabia)
- Great Commanders Pack (Pack 2): Lead your troops to victory with the Great Commanders Pack, including Tokugawa (Japan), Nader Shah (Persia)3, and Suleiman the Magnificent (Ottoman Empire)4
- Rulers of China Pack (Pack 3): Establish some new dynasties with the Rulers of China Pack, including Yongle, Qin Shi Huang the Unifier, and Wu Zetian
- Rulers of the Sahara Pack (Pack 4): Revisit the cradle of humanity with the Rulers of the Sahara Pack, including Ramses (Egypt), Ptolemaic Cleopatra (Egypt), King Sundiata Keita (Mali)
- Great Builders Pack (Pack 5): Rebuild the world better than ever with the Great Builders Pack, including Theodora (Byzantines)5, Sejong (Korea)6, and Ludwig II (Germany)
- Ruler of England Pack (Pack 6): Fill out your growing collection of monarchs with the Rulers of England Pack, including Elizabeth I (England), Varangian Harald Hardrada (Norway), and Victoria – Age of Steam (England).
Some of these need access to prior DLC or expansions. A price point has not been announced for iOS or macOS yet. Check out the official website for the Leader Pass here. Aspyr is yet to confirm if the release schedule will be the same for iOS and PC platforms, but I’m hoping the iOS and iPadOS versions get fixes for downloading in-game and also support for good visuals and performance. If you’ve not played the base game or any prior expansions, read our initial iPad review here and my updated review with expansions and more here. I also reviewed the New Frontier Pass content and the state of the game in 2021 on iOS here. You can try out Civilization VI for free on the App Store for iOS here. We featured it as our Game of the Week when it released. Have you tried the game on iOS or any other platform yet and are you planning on buying the Leader Pass?