Mobila Interactive and Apogee Software just announced that the classic first person shooter Rise of the Triad, originally released for the PC in late 1994, will soon be available on the App Store.
We covered an early development video of this game, but at that time didn't know if this would ever become an official release, until now:
“We are very honored to be working with industry pioneer like Apogee Software to bring this groundbreaking game from the 90’s to platforms of the 21nd century,” said Yevegeniy Goyfman, co-founder of Mobilia Interactive. “It is exciting to be a major part of re-introducing classics like Rise of the Triad and allowing fans to re-live the experience, as well as share these true entertainment treasures with a new generation of gamers.”
- Original game soundtrack.
- A number of customizable control schemes.
- Four full game episodes containing 32 super huge levels - up to one million sq. feet, and up to 16 stories high!
- Secret levels, hidden rooms, and other surprises.
- Play as one of five players, each with unique attributes and abilities.
- Look both up and down, up to 45 degrees, to see what is above and below.
- Ten unique, real digitized enemies (actual Apogee employees!)
A new gameplay video shows the it in action:
The game is due in "early 2010".