For the first time since its release, Subatomic Studios has placed Fieldrunners [App Store] on sale. The Spring Break sale temporarily drops the price from $4.99 to $2.99.
The developers have also issued a recent update (1.2.2) which fixes a number of outstanding bugs and added/changed the following features:
- Added the ability to fast forward through the game. This feature is unlocked at round 75 on a per map basis.
- Changed the configuration of fieldrunners that spawn in Extended and Endless mode making for a more challenging experience when playing through these modes.
- Added a score bonus that is awarded for each remaining resource at the end of the game.
- Increased the score penalty for selling a tower.
- Increased the cost bubble on several of the icons so that it accommodates the width of the text.
- Increased the speed of the goo that is fired from the goo tower.
Fieldrunners was named one of Time Magazine's Top 10 games of 2008 and has always been one of our favorite iPhone games.
App Store Link: Fieldrunners, $2.99 (on sale)