Since it was first shown in September, we've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of Secret Exit's unique and tranquil puzzle game Zen Bound.
It is something to be enjoyed at a slow pace: a game where a high score is not the goal. Zen Bound is designed to challenge in a subtle way, it does not attack or force the player. There is also an element of self-reflection, for each of the sculptures is a representation of a state of mind or a human emotion.
Early last month the developer released a series of new screenshots that made it all the more difficult to patiently wait for this excellent looking title to arrive in the App Store.
Since then Secret Exit has revealed more still on their Zen Bound webpage, setup not long ago.ย The page features new screenshots of the game, a new gameplay video, and a list of features:
- The most beautiful graphics yet seen on the iPhone
- Intuitive and natural multi-touch controls (tilt supported)
- 51 levels included (Tree of Reflection and Tree of Challenge). Additional free 25 levels (Tree of Nostalgia) coming in March.
- A captivating 22-minute downtempo soundtrack from 'Ghost Monkey'
- Game soundtrack 'Bound' available as a free download to all customers in uncompromising 320kbit MP3 quality
At our last update Secret Exit had indicated to us that they were aiming for a release sometime in January but were prioritizing polish over schedule on the release.ย It looks like the team opted to keep polishing and, while there's no set date on the new Zen Bound page, there is an indication that the game is "coming soon" and the developer has said in our forums that they have "high confidence" that it will be out this month (Feb).
See Secret Exit's latest demo video. Gameplay involves "painting" the entirety of a 3D object by wrapping a rope around it.
Zen Bound is an IGF Mobile Audio Achievement and Best iPhone Game finalist.