New Drylands map and new Towers in v1.2
The Fieldrunners 1.2 update is starting to propagate across Apple's iTunes servers so users are starting to get update notifications for the latest update to Subatomic's popular tower defense game.
The latest version of the game offers a number of improvements and additions:
- Mortar tower. With a destructive payload & explosive force the mortar tower obliterates enemies in a single devastating attack.
- Flame tower. The flame tower is capable of incinerating multiple fieldrunners in a single fiery swoop.
- New Map: Drylands. With multiple paths snaking thru the dried-out canyon riverbed, it gives the fieldrunners ample chance to escape.
- New Fieldrunner: the P-47 Thunderbolt. These blazing fast planes tear through the sky over the fields at an incredible speed.
- Sell without penalty. A tower that is both purchased and sold while the game is paused will not incur a score or price penalty.
- Faster load times. The time required to start a new game or resume a previously saved game has been significantally reduced.
- Updated game icon. The game icon has been changed to reflect the color palette of the new map.
- Improved lightning visuals. The lightning bolt discharged by the tesla tower now emits light and animates more realistically.
- Autosave. The autosave feature saves your progress every round to protect you against crashes or freezes.
Fieldrunners now offers 3 different modes for each map: Classic, Extended and Endless.
Classic offers the traditional Fieldrunners experience with the 4 original towers. Extended and Endless add the two new towers to the mix. Classic must be defeated in order to unlock the Extended and Endless modes.
Fieldrunners is one of the most popular Tower Defense games on the iPhone and was named amongst Time Magazine's Top 10 games of 2008. We also highly recommend the game, even for those who are unfamiliar with the Tower Defense genre.
App Store Link: Fieldrunners, $4.99 (1.2 update is free to existing customers)