"Handmark has an unmatched level of experience and expertise in developing top-quality games and applications for nearly all of the leading mobile platforms in the market today," said Paul Reddick, Handmark CEO. "As new mobile platforms successfully emerge, like the iPhone, we view it as a great opportunity to expand our licensed titles and help others develop their titles for a new mobile audience."
UK-based Astraware, the Handmark Game Studio, will play an integral part in the development of various game titles for the iPhone, the company indicates. Astraware was one of the first companies to develop games for the fifth-generation iPod in 2006.
A few of the many mobile gaming titles release by Handmark:
- The Sims 2 for Windows Mobile Pocket PC
- Sims Bowling for Windows Mobile Pocket PC
- Konami Frogger for Windows Mobile Pocket PC
- Super PAC-MAN for Palm OS
- Galaga for Palm OS
- Contra for Windows Mobile Smartphone
- EA Tetris Mania for Windows Mobile Smartphone
- Dig Dug by Namco for BlackBerry
- Monopoly Here and Now for BlackBerry