Gameloft has been teasing and teasing Modern Combat 5 for months on end now. They’ve talked about its multiplayer, its graphics, its continued online connectivity, they’ve streamed the game, they’ve done everything but say when it’s releasing. And now we have an official release date: July 24th.
Yes, finally, the plan is for the game to release in two weeks. Price will be $6.99 with no in-app purchases. iOS and Android versions will launch simultaneously, but not the Windows Phone version. They’ll have to wait a bit longer.
With the game so close with a fixed date now, it is as good a time as any to catch up to our previous coverage of the game:
- ‘Modern Combat 5’ Is Still Going to Require Online Connectivity
- Modern Combat 5: Blackout’s Got Screen Space Ambient Occlusion and Other Fancy 3D Graphics Tricks
- Gameloft Releases New ‘Modern Combat 5: Blackout’ Teaser Trailer Ahead of E3
- New ‘Modern Combat 5: Blackout’ Multiplayer Details Revealed
- ‘Modern Combat 5: Blackout’ Will Not Have In-App Purchases
- ‘Modern Combat 5: Blackout’ Hands-On Video Preview – 30 Minutes of Gameloft’s Latest FPS
- ‘Modern Combat 5: Blackout’ Will Feature a Unified Progression System and Four Different Soldier Classes
- New ‘Modern Combat 5’ Tidbits Revealed, “Coming Soon" to Smartphones and Tablets