I'm not totally sure what the occasion is, but there sure does seem to be a ton of sales going on this week. Perhaps it's some pre-Halloween celebrating, or maybe developers have seen the number of new iPhones sold this month and want to capitalize on all of the potential new iOS gamers. Whatever the reason though, I don't think anyone will argue with getting some great deals on some new games. Without further ado, here's a list of some recent price drops and freebies from the past 24 hours:
- Reckless Getaway, $2.99 → FREE (Universal) - [Review] - [Forum Thread]
- To-Fu 2, 99¢ → FREE (Universal) - [Review] - [Forum Thread]
- League of Evil, $1.99 → 99¢ (Universal) - [Review] - [Forum Thread]
- Tactical Soldier: Undead Rising, $4.99 → $2.99 (Universal) - [Review] - [Forum Thread]
- Hypership Out of Control, 99¢→ FREE (Universal) - [Review] - [Forum Thread]
- Joining Hands, $2.99 → 99¢ (Universal) - [Review] - [Forum Thread]
- Chicken Balls, 99¢ → FREE - [Forum Thread]
- Chicken Balls HD, $1.99 → FREE - [Forum Thread]
- Puzzle Quest Chapter 1, $1.99 → FREE - [Forum Thread]
- Puzzle Quest Chapter 1 & 2, $4.99 → $1.99 - [Forum Thread]
- Puzzle Quest HD, $4.99 → $1.99 - [Forum Thread]
A couple of things about the list above. First of all, all the versions of the original Puzzle Quest games have been updated with iOS 5 support and visual enhancements (including Retina Display support), as well as have been tuned up in the way of bug fixes. Second, Tactical Soldier: Undead Rising is due to get a humongous update with a brand new campaign available via IAP, and we'll be giving that a spin and will report back on it soon. But, the sale is supposed to only last until the update hits, so if you have any interest then you should definitely jump on it quickly.
In fact, that pretty much goes for every sale, as the prices can fluctuate on a whim. Make sure to jump at the chance to grab what interests you before these sales run out, and always keep a copy of the AppShopper [Free] app on your device to stay on top of the constantly changing App Store.