HeroCraft has announced their upcoming futuristic 3D racing game called Protoxide Racing. The game began development over a year ago. Final feature list planned includes:
- 5 different ships to choose from, ranging from the heavy tank-like to the light and fast bike-like
- 4 worlds of 4 racing tracks each, 16 tracks in a total
- 5 weapon types, pick-up bonuses like nitro or nuclear weapons
- Quick race and career modes
- Multiplayer over WiFi
- Hall of fame, both local and online
- 3D stereo sound, cool music
- Motion sensor controlled steering (or swipe controlled if youâd prefer)
The video is said to be from an early prototype, so elements will change by release. There have been a few similar competitors including Low Grav Racer [Lite] and Phaze [Lite] that have both received mixed reactions in our forums.
For some reason we seem to be drawn to these futuristic-racing titles, likely in an effort to relive Wipeout. We'll have to see if Protoxide can deliver.