Unleash your imagination in Opal's Quest, a medieval fantasy RPG, and explore the Faerhen Earths in search of your worst enemy, the cruel troll Mephisto.
Visit many towns and villages, and travel through deep forests, forgotten ruins and hidden dungeons. During your journey, you will have to battle fearsome creatures, avoid deadly traps and resolve many riddles, but fortunately you will meet friendly and weird characters ready to help you in your quest.
Pocket Gamer took a brief look at the mobile title back in 2006.
How better to take a break from the trials of DIY and the labyrinthine halls of HomeBase this Easter than to gather together your sword, bow and potions, and head off into the world of Faerhen Earths in search of your arch enemy, the troll Mephisto?
This colourful-looking game promises many hours of exploratory action through villages, forests, mines and dungeons, with a host of helpful folk to meet en route. You'll be grateful for their assistance too, as, in addition to the usual fearsome array of monsters to battle (including orcs, chelobs and dwarf shadows) and problems to solve (look out for switches, traps and secret passages), you'll have to contend with real time weather!
Features listed by the developer:
- Explore many interior and exterior places, from towns and villages to forests, ruins, mines and dungeons.
- Resolve many riddles, and use your mind as well as your sword.
- Drink mimic potions to take your enemies appearance and fool them.
- Battle fearsome monsters, like Dwarf Shadows, Chelobs, Orcs, and many more.
- Use your environment, switches and mechanisms to enable or disable traps, open doors and find secret passages. Use them, but use them judiciously.
- Level up your equipment in shops: buy powerful swords, tough armours, bows, magical scrolls and potions.
- Meet many friendly and funny characters who will guide you through your quest.
- Beware of poison, fire and ice threats. They can affect your enemies, but you too.
- Fight Mephisto and save your beloved Celenha!
Opal's Quest is controlled with an onscreen directional pad and various other touch controls. The graphics are colorful but pixellated, a translation from the lower resolution mobile handsets. And while the menus feature an audio track, the game itself is silent, unfortunately.
Opal's Quest is available for a limited time introductory price of $0.99 (the standard price will be $2.99).
The developer provides a gameplay video of the mobile handset version.
UPDATE: Early reader experiences have not been positive.
App Store Link: Opal's Quest, $0.99