Air hockey fans have had a number of iPhone touch-based options in the iTunes App Store, some solid--some less so. But until the release of Touch Hockey: FS5 [App Store] by FlipSide5, none were available as a free download. And, happily--this one is solid.
Features listed by developer:
- Instant Replay
- Multi-player WiFi local network support
- Real-time 3D mallet rendering
- 9 levels for 'smart' one-player game play
- 4 game length settings
- Topping support (trap the puck with your mallet / paddle)
- Graphics engine runs at an astonishing 60 frames per second, even during WiFi network play
Touch Hockey: FS5's featureset compares quite favorably to the better paid titles in the App Store. It offers smooth touch-based gameplay that feels "right."
Touch Hockey: FS5 is an ad supported game; ads display after five minutes of gameplay.
Some other offerings fans may want to check out: