The week following GDC, we’re still down exactly one Mike Meade, but that doesn’t stop Jared and I from recording a rockin’ podcast. We talk about Gunnar gaming glasses, Pam’s birthday, iOS games, and the ridiculous onslaught of bummer news this week… Including, but not limited to the Threes / 2048 drama and what there is to do about the crazy state of clone madness on the App Store.
Don’t forget to shoot us emails with any questions, feedback, or anything else relevant or irrelevant to [email protected]. We read ’em all, even if they don’t make it into the podcast. As always, you can listen to us with the links below… And if you like what you hear, please subscribe and/or drop us a review in iTunes. Much appreciated!
- Boom Beach (Free)
- Bad Student Driver (Free)
- Flappy Golf (Free)
- Nerdy Workout (Free)
- Star Wars: Assault Team (Free)
- Cloned to Death: Developers Release all 570 Emails That Discussed the Development of ‘Threes!’
- ‘FTL: Faster Than Light’ Hitting the App Store on April 3rd for $9.99
- Ustwo’s Brain Twisting Puzzler ‘Monument Valley’ Coming April 3rd, New Behind the Scenes Video Released
- Second Episode of ‘Joe Dever’s Lone Wolf’ Will be Available on April 3rd
- Activision is Closing Blast Furnace, The Studio Behind ‘Call of Duty’ Mobile Games
- Valve’s ‘Portal’ Officially Coming to Nvidia Shield and Likely Other Android Platforms, an iOS Version Seems Not as Likely
- Facebook to Buy Oculus VR for $2 Billion, Expand the Technology Beyond Gaming
- Apple Releases Official Weekly Top Games Chart, Minecraft Predictably #1
This week’s episode of The TouchArcade Show is sponsored by…
FLASHOUT 2, Free - FLASHOUT 2, the sequel to the anti-gravity racer FLASHOUT 3D, is finally here! In FLASHOUT 2, you pilot one of many ultra-fast ships and use your arsenal of rockets, guns, bonuses, and upgrades to fight your way to victory!
FLASHOUT 2 features a redesigned and enhanced Career Mode, massive improvements in steering, physics, opponents’ AI, and other gameplay elements, a free Online Multiplayer Mode, and other completely new and exciting game modes.
FLASHOUT 2 also features high-end graphics and supports game controllers. It’s available now in the App Store for $2.99 – be sure to check it out!