Plants vs. Zombies [$2.99 / HD] for the iPhone just received a little more feature parity with its cousins on other platforms and a touch of free-to-play to boot. Creator PopCap Games has just added in a total of nine new mini-games to experience in-between your bouts with the undead. Each mini-game comes bundled in packs of three, all three of which you can buy through Crazy Dave for 50,000 coins respectively.
In a fun twist that I’m sure certain crowds are going to love, the studio is allowing users to spend $.99 three times in exchange for oodles (read: 100,000) of in-game coins. Naturally, you can exchange these coins in return for these packs — or presumably whatever else you want, including new plants or slots — from the in-game shop that Crazy Dave runs.
Game Pack #3
- Walnut Bowling 2: Knock ‘em dead in this killer twist to an old favorite sport.
- Seeing Stars: Unravel the mystery of the star-shaped pattern.
- Bobsled Bonanza: Melt the ice and defeat bobsledders and Zombonis in this frosty battle.
Game Pack #4
- Invisi-Ghoul: Test your prowess to take on invisible zombies.
- Last Stand: Not your average day at the pool!
- ZomBotany 2: Hybrid zombies sport plant heads and abilities to up the challenge ante.
Game Pack #5
- Beghouled Twist: An homage to Bejeweled Twist, this mash-up requires match-3 skill.
- Pogo Party: Crash the pogo party of your roof!
- Zombie Nimble Zombie Quick: Get ready to move faster than ever!
Just so we’re on the same page, Plants vs. Zombies is a crazy successful and equally as awesome tower defense game. You can check out our original and glowing review here. Buy this thing already!