Last year we posted early details surrounding the forthcoming iPhone game controller accessory from 22moo, the GameBone, which will offer official iOS 4 support (read: no jailbreak necessary). The accessory-maker has recently posted additional details on the item to their website.
Features listed by 22moo:
- 8-way D-pad (directional pad)
- 4 action buttons
- 2 shoulder buttons
- Built-in 1600 mAh Lithium battery for additional power for your iPod touch / iPhone
- Rear button and LED to check charging state and capacity
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Omnidirectional MIC
- 3.5 audio headphone jack
- Rear kick-stand
- iDevice independent volume control
- Charge and sync for all iDevices (except for the iPad)
- Interchangeable core for compatibility with iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad devices
The company is currently in the process of finalizing the device's new PC board and updated case design for mass production. A new availability date will be announced in early October, so stay tuned.
Stuart Carnie of Manomio has indicated that the studio's C64 for iPhone will offer eventual support for the device when it hits market.
The GameBone will support the following iOS devices: 2G, 3G, 4G iPod touch, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, and iPad.