Australian company 22Moo announced today the development of "the world's first" iPhone OS 3.0 compatible game controller which will feature an 8-way D-pad with 6 buttons, incorporate a 2000mAh battery and support both Bluetooth and 30-pin dock connector connectivity. Specs include:
- Dual connectivity - Connect with Bluetooth wirelessly OR use the 30-pin dock connector cable
- 2000mAh Lithium-ion Battery for additional power for your iPod touch / iPhone*
- LED showing charging state and capacity
- 8-way D-Pad with 6 buttons
- Bluetooth button for pairing and status
- Built-in speakers, mic and 3.5 audio headphone jack
- "Made for iPod" and "Works for iPhone" certification**
A price has not yet been set and is expected to be released in mid September 2009.
Given no actual product shot has been shown, it seems the device is still in pretty early development. They are even soliciting customer suggestions for pricing and interested developers are asked to sign up for future information about the GameBone Pro SDK. We're not holding our breath for this one, but it is the first of what we expect to be a number of other game accessory announcements.