EA released some of the first screenshots from the upcoming 'Sims 3' game for the iPhone and iPod Touch.
The #1 PC game franchise of all time comes to today's hottest gaming platform! The Sims 3 brings exciting new gameplay and endless possibilities all on your iPhone! Enjoy unexpected moments of surprise and mischief, as you choose whether (or not!) to fulfill your Sims' destinies and make their wishes come true. Create and customize your Sims appearance and personality, then take your Sims out of the house and into the neighborhood with all new open world gameplay. Make their world your own!
EA provides the following list of features to be found in the game:
- Over 10 hours of gameplay filled with hysterical antics and unexpected moments of surprise
- New beautiful 3D visuals
- Support for iPhone specific controls (touch and accelerometer)
- Explore an ever-changing neighborhood with new open world gameplay
- Enjoy smarter Sims with deeper personalities, wishes and goals
- Create your own Sim, complete with different hair styles, clothes, personalities and more
- Keep your Sims busy with 4 fun mini-games including fishing, gardening, cooking, and house repairs
- Develop complex relationships with other Sims as you fall in love, make friends or rebel against the neighborhood
No new word on release date, but we'll let you know when we hear.
Sims 3 was also briefly demoed (YouTube) at Apple's iPhone 3.0 Preview event.