TouchArcade is only 9 days shy of our first anniversary with our first blog post back in March 12, 2008 -- four months before the App Store opened. While there wasn't nearly as much to talk about then, we've worked hard over the past year to bring you the best content about gaming on the iPhone and iPod Touch.
The site has quickly grown into the largest iPhone gaming news and review site with traffic of well over 3.7 million page views and 230,000 unique people per month.
I've personally been involved in "blogging" for over 9 years and take the task quite seriously. While I'm certain that our regular readers trust that our editorial process is objective, I can also reassure any new readers that we've always kept our editorial recommendations and coverage independent of our advertisers. In the end, I think our site record speak for itself.
Like almost all blogs on the internet, however, we are advertising funded and we appreciate the support of our sponsors. We certainly do ask our readers to support our sponsors since they provide the site with the funds to further expand and improve coverage. That said, we always clearly delineate advertising and editorial content.
And with that, we'd like to thank our advertisers from February 2009:
- Freeverse: makers of Days of Thunder!, SlotZ Racer, Flick Fishing and much more.
- Zen Bound by Secret Exit: A calm and meditative puzzle game about wrapping wooden sculptures with rope
- Zombie Invasion by Conniption Entertainment: A horde of zombies is approaching your town and threatening to infect you and everyone in it.
- Vector Tanks published by Chillingo: You are in command of a futuristic tank amid a surreal 3 dimensional battlefield
- XCubeLabs: Transform your idea into a winning app on the iPhone.
- Meteor by Mobile Stream - In this brick-busting game your goal is to destroy moving blocks and static destructible bricks.
- Bang! by Portable Hole - It's raining cartoon bombs, and it's your job to blow them and everything else, out of the sky.
- Killer Pool by Sauce Digital: The most realistic pool experience on the iPhone and iPod Touch
- Smiles / Sykhronics Entertinament: Match 3 in two different game modes, a "best mobile game" nominee
- Pop Frenzy by Try This Networks: Pop Balloons of a specific color as they blaze by and dodge your fingers.