One of the best ways you can support TouchArcade is by doing your Amazon shopping through a TouchArcade affiliate link. We’ve set up the easy to remember toucharcade.com/amazon too if you want to type that in or bookmark it. We get a small percentage of anything you buy through any of these links, which otherwise would just go to financing Jeff Bezos’s experimental pizza bagel flavors or whatever else he’s up to now, and it goes a long way to supporting the site at no additional cost to you. These Amazon Items of the Day articles are all products we have used ourselves, and feel are things that the TouchArcade audience might be interested in!
I’ve already reviewed my favorite gaming headphones as part of our Amazon Item of the Day series, and modern headphones all seem to be trending towards being bigger and bigger- with the SteelSeries Arctis Pros definitely also fitting in line with that. I do my best to keep my desk free of clutter, and never seem like I have a great place to put my headphones until I stumbled across The Anchor by Elevation Lab. If you’re unfamiliar with Elevation Lab, they got their start with a Kickstarter for an iPhone dock back in 2011 and since then have more or less become known for making really intelligently designed accessories. (I’ve actually got a few more of their things I’ll be posting this week.)
Like most of Elevation Lab’s stuff, the beauty of The Anchor is its simplicity. It’s made of a flexible rubber-ish material with space on each side to hold things. I’m using wireless headphones now, but before that I used one side to hold my headphones and the other to wrap the cord around loosely. It sticks to the underside of your desk with the same super sticky 3M adhesive that GoPro uses for their helmet mounts, so it’s more than capable of holding a pair of headphones.
More than anything else, I just love that The Anchor gives me a spot to put these giant headphones I use at my computer without them just going in a pile of whatever other things I’m working on at the time. Folks in Amazon reviews have even mentioned that it works just as well sticking it on the side of your desk too, which makes sense. As far as criticism in Amazon reviews is concerned, it seems the only problem people really have is it falling off, but I’d be very curious how many people who had those problems also followed the instructions where they very clearly tell you to stick it on and let the adhesive cure for 24 hours before using it. (I made this mistake with a GoPro mount.)
There’s a bunch of other headphone holders on Amazon but oddly enough the original The Anchor seems to be the cheapest. As of this writing it’s on sale for almost half off, getting the price down to $10.95.
Thanks for checking out today’s Amazon Item of the Day, and as mentioned before, even if you’re not interested in this particular product, buying things from Amazon by first visiting toucharcade.com/amazon is immensely helpful in supporting the site at no additional cost to you. Additionally, if you’re ever thinking of signing up for any Amazon services, we’d really appreciate if if you’d do it through these links:
- Amazon Prime Free Trial – Free shipping, Amazon Prime video, Kindle books, Twitch goodies, and a bunch of other stuff bundled into one subscription.
- Amazon Prime Student 6-month Trial – A slightly different flavor of Amazon Prime, exclusive to students that costs half as much.
- AmazonFresh Free Trial – Amazon’s grocery delivery service.
- Amazon Home Services – Amazon vetted handymen, house cleaning, and similar.
- Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial – Amazon’s answe to Spotify, Apple Music, and other similar services.
- Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks – If you’re even remotely interested in audiobooks, Audible is the best.
- Join Amazon’s Kindle Unlimited – Basically the text equivalent of an Audible membership.
- Download the free Kindle app – The best ebook platform, largely because unlike iBooks, your library is totally cross platform.
- Shop Amazon Cell Phones – Wireless phones and service plans without the hassle of dealing with going to a store.
If you want to take things a step further, you can check out our Patreon, but either way we just appreciate you sticking with us and continuing to both visit and contribute to the TouchArcade community over the years! If you’ve got a product you’re interested in seeing featured in an Amazon Item of the Day, don’t hesitate to reach out. The best way to get in contact with us is via email at [email protected] and be sure to include “Amazon Item of the Day" in the subject.