A couple of weeks ago, we checked out the debut trailer for Treasure Raiders, a new character-based action game with multiplayer elements from Oasis Games and NetEase. It looked really cool! And in a sea of endless generic free to play action RPGs on the App Store, its personality really helped Treasure Raiders stand out. With a target worldwide release of early 2018, Oasis and NetEase are starting to trickle out some new information about Treasure Raiders, and have also released a new trailer which focuses mostly on the character Charles and how he plays in the game. Check it out.
While the trailer is largely about Charles, there are some new details revealed today about all 5 of the characters in Treasure Raiders.
- Charles is seeking to unravel the secret of his father’s disappearance. He uses ice as his primary element, wielding freezing and slow effects to limit the enemies’ movements. His electric weaponry can attack many enemies at once.
- Sweet young Mary conceals a terrible monster within. Her weapons and equipment can do significant damage to either large groups or focused on one powerful boss.
- Drake’s vulgar exterior hides his expertise and a heart of gold. The tank of the team, Drake’s weapons and equipment deliver punishing blows at short range while he absorbs incoming damage.
- The mysterious Silver Seeker hides her true identity, but provides a variety of healing powers for her team.
- Cursed baby Dr. Harry Potten must find a way to restore his former self. His tough mech provides reliable defense while shooting rockets at the enemy. He is adept at delivering both close-range and distance attacks to keep opponents on their toes.
And, just to break up all this text, here’s that previous trailer again which shows off each of the 5 characters in action.
As mentioned previously, Treasure Raiders will feature both PvP and PvE gameplay, and today they’ve detailed one of the main co-op features in the game which are the Challenge Dungeons. There are two types of Challenge Dungeon, Normal and Elite, with the Normal variety refreshing each day and the Elite ones refreshing each week. Within the Challenge Dungeons there are 5 types of events, which you’ll slowly unlock as you progress through the game: “Raid Ruins, Biochem Crisis, Phantom of the Castle, War Games, and Return of the Dead, each featuring three stages and each with its own unique style and challenges." Clearing a dungeon will net all victorious players various types of rewards. A limited demo version of Treasure Raiders is available right now on Google Play if you’re on Android and want to take it for an early spin, otherwise look for the game’s worldwide launch early next year.