ChronoSoft has just released a significant update to Rogue Touch [App Store], it’s iPhone adaptation of the classic dungeon crawler Rogue. In celebration of the v1.5 release, the developer is running a weekend sale (4/10/09 through 4/12/09) of the game, now priced at $0.99, down from $2.99.
According to the developer, aside from various new features, Rogue Touch v1.5 fixes most every reported gameplay and stability issue.
ChronoSoft’s list of new features in v1.5:
- Find your previous game’s corpse in the dungeon on your next play through! Maybe even find some of the goodies you were carrying when you died in the previous game
- Chance to disarm a known trap when stepping on it. The higher your rank the more likely you will succeed.
- Minor new features: Get experience for finding secret doors… Find loose gold pieces randomly on the floor while searching… Find scrawling on the walls!
- Minor gameplay tweaks: Resting with the dedicated Rest button will heal you at a slightly faster rate than walking around. New message warning for treasure rooms. Healing and Extra Healing Potions now cure hallucinations too.
- New rings (2): Disarming (to help give you a good chance of disarming traps!) and Narcolepsy (cursed, randomly… Zzzzzz!)
- New scroll: Safe Passage- when read, it will reveal all secret doors and disarm all traps on the current floor.
- 8 more new secret characters! Yep, even though you haven’t found most of the last batch yet A hint for this batch- we had some special requests from female gamers!
- D-Pad is now 25% more transparent. Your thumb is still 100% opaque!
- Screen layout adjusts automatically for playing while talking on the phone with people when you’d rather be playing Rogue Touch (player status used to be obscured by green phone call bar, but not anymore)!
( Other tweaks, bug-fixes, and improvements are listed after the jump. )
Rogue Touch is really a dream-come-true for fans of the genre. It’s an impressive adaptation of a true classic that has gained quite a following thanks to its solid implementation and the degree to which its developer, active forum member ‘CommanderData,’ has listened to the community and let their feedback shape the evolution of the title.
See our review of the game, posted back in February.
App Store Link: Rogue Touch, $0.99 (weekend sale)
- FINALLY- corrected the glitch that caused game to crash very rarely when going down a set of stairs!
- Throwing worn rings left “ghost" ring on hand. Not anymore!
- Popup menu of doom fixed (was an infinite loop).
- Popup menu showing 2-3x in a row is now fixed.
- Drinking potions of raise level at maximum rank could be trouble, fixed crash and give character 10HP instead.
- Xerocs could show as normal sleeping monsters when disguised as a staff or wand. Not anymore!
- Many other random crashing issues eliminated after squashing an overflow bug
Fast-Play: Major running improvements:
- When you run towards a monster in a room (or run into one in a dark hallway) you will not blindly attack it now!
- Running AWAY from monsters now works correctly, no more running one or two spaces and stopping again
- Monsters no longer get a free move or attack on you when you make an illegal move, like hitting a wall
Inventory: Tweaks for handling your items and pack
- When dropping a scroll of Scare Monster, you will only drop a single one if you have a stack of them
- Item stacking works properly now when your pack is full! (no more need to exclaim “but I JUST shot that arrow, why can’t I pick it up now?").
- If your pack is full, and the item you step on is not stackable with an existing item in your pack, it will tell you what you stepped on so you can see if it’s worth making room for! (Example: “couldn’t pick up scroll of identify")