Ngmoco’s Neil Young announced in our forums that Rolando will be released on December 18th, 2008. The date also confirms early ads (see right) that have been spotted on the web. Young also reveals that new videos, screenshots and information will be released this week.
Rolando has been a highly anticipated game coming from Ngmoco and will represent their first premium title. While they’ve delivered a number of successful iPhone games thus far (most recently Dropship), these have been described as fast/cheap titles. Rolando is expected to be priced at $9.99.
Features listed on their site include:
- Interactive Environments – Manipulate more than a dozen gizmos, including lifts, catapults and bomb dispensers
- Fun with Physics – Rolandos can bounce on trampolines, push blocks and nudge bombs and sleeping Rolandos
- Rich, Intuitive Controls – use Tilt and Multi-touch to guide the Rolandos and manipulate their world
- Signature Art Style – Visuals by pop-culture illustrator Mikko Walamies and music by renowned break-beat artist Mr. Scruff
- iSave and iTunes compatible – Progress is saved and restored automatically when play is stopped or interrupted
- Global Leader Boards – Compare scores and Achievements with other players online
- Epic Adventure – Four unique worlds and 36 engaging levels