Zen Bound 2

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Frand, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Wow. That really does look super cool.

2. Jarek

Jarek Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    FISHLABS Moderator
    Końskie, Poland
    Wow!
    A difference is major! 3GS possibilities are breathtaking.

It is hard to look at standard level graphic of ZEN Bound on my iTouch... :/

3. cocojumbo

cocojumbo Member

Jan 6, 2010

yeah, 3GS rocks

4. damballah

damballah Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Man I can't wait, it's gonna be awesome. Will there be another new tree?

5. polyfonken

polyfonken Well-Known Member

#45 polyfonken, Jan 13, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
    if we only added a new tree, we couldn't really call it a "2" unless the game name had "ea sports" in it.

so. hmm, yes, it will have a new tree. :D

6. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Is this just Zen Bound improved for third generation devices?

7. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    No. It will be a new game.

8. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
  9. No... John Gore in Zen Bound...
    How the heck is shooting with a wooden sculpture gonna work? Or do you wrap duct tape around furries? :D

10. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Apparently John Gore is into bondage these days! :rolleyes:

Anyway those screenshots look nice. Graphics look much improved and love the sfx on the trees.

11. Revolutionary Concepts

Revolutionary Concepts Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Chillingo or Knot ;)

Heya Frand,

Huge fans over here on this side of the pond. Really looking forward to the next installment.

Curious whether ZB2 will come via Chillingo or if you guys have opted for a more direct route this time?

Keep up the great work!

12. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

ZB2 will be self-published by Secret Exit.

13. Good! Anything you can tell us about the minigore crossover?

14. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Tree of Tribute, our little tip of the hat to other indie games we like :)

15. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Frand, will the iPad and iPhone version be 1 and the same i.e. buy it once for any device or is it a separate version?

Oh and any other details you'd like to share would be appreciated.

16. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  17. FK1983

FK1983 Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Web Design
    Bournemouth, UK
    #58 FK1983, Mar 6, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
    So, will this work on new 8gb touches, they are 3rd gen but have 2nd gen hardware, will it work on even older devices? if not you will alienate your user base big time,

Making this game work only for 3gs/touch 32/64gb and ipads will limit your sales BIG time but i'm sure you already know that!

The touch 8gb is the model touch that sells the most around the world (64% of new touch sales are the 8gb model), mines two weeks old and I don't plan on paying another £100 just for a 32gb touch that has slightly better hardware and i'm certainly not getting an ipad anytime soon lol.

Remember there are 100's of other apps out there that people want, don't limit yourself to certain models!
    I hope to see it on all models but if not then that is a lot less sales for you!

18. I like the name. Anything that come from Secret Exit has style and polish... :)

19. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Right now we're 100% focused on the iPad version, making it the best game it can be on that particular platform. Once that is over, we take a break to breathe out again, and then we'll start wondering about the complexities of the iPhone marketplace and how to best tackle them.

While it's technically possible to support all devices, there has been a lot of work done for the benefit of newer hardware. Adjusting the game from the iPad to 3GS is a decent amount of work when done properly, adjusting 3GS game content to older hardware is even more work, and it may bring up unexpected difficulties (on top of the expected difficulties!).

So right now we're not far enough along to confirm things one way or another. Rest assured, we will be discussing the next steps here when they're clear in our own minds :)