Universal Rule with an Iron Fish (by Kestrel Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    What’s not to understand? He obviously created an account just to share how much he loves it, and to lament on how undersold it is compared to what he considers to be lesser games. Give the guy a break...

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    It's a second account actually, the first was banned for misconduct. But anyway what he's saying just isn't accurate. Premium game lovers DID flock to this one, a year and a half ago when it came out. It appears to have done quite well for a paid game from a basically unheard of developer. I'm not sure what more he wants, but shaming people based on the games they might enjoy playing that he doesn't feel are "worthy" enough is a pretty shitty way to behave.

3. Vyacheslav

Vyacheslav Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Electrical engineer
    Ukraine
    Pardon me guys if I offended someone - I didn't intended to do so. All I was trying to say is that this game is worth to try for those, who didn't tried it up to this time for some reason. And, while it was indeed getting good reviews both from game journalists and users like us, I feel like it deserves more. It just wasn't written so much about like it was regarding Crashlands or Cat Quest for example (1 000 purchases vs 100 000 and 10 000 in Google Play respectively). I mean not on TouchArcade and local forums but overall. Or did I missed something? It can be. Anyway, it is indeed was just my advice and personal opinion. It isn't criminal to leave it here I think. I admit that I wasn't careful enough with my choice of words however. Sorry about that again.

4. mujie

mujie Member

Jan 14, 2013
    How do you get seeds for the farm?...

5. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    IMO Crashlands and cat quest just appeal to more people in general. I’ve never even played or bought this game but I bought, played and beat both Crashlands and cat quest. I may eventually buy this because I have to see why any game where you drag a hook over shadows and hit a button to catch it (I’m sure there’s a lot more to it, remember this is from someone who’s never played) is so appealing. I’ve been on the fence for a very long time, hence why I was even in this thread to begin with. Anyways, I’m just say those other 2 games cover a broader spectrum of gamer then this one does.

6. Vyacheslav

Vyacheslav Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Electrical engineer
    Ukraine
    #226 Vyacheslav, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Hi! I believe you don't need to "get" them in any way to plant on your farm. All you need to do to grow something is to open crops menu on a top left side of a screen, highlight crop you want to grow (by tapping on it) and then - tap on any free farm square to plant it. Wait a few minutes for your crop to fully grow after.

Screenshot:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pkTS0ybHc4u7JHCHPO3lKJTpqM-6Z0sR/view?usp=drivesdk

Hope this helps!

7. Vyacheslav

Vyacheslav Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Electrical engineer
    Ukraine
    When I first tried "Rule with an Iron Fish" I wasn't entirely satisfied with it. Gameplay appeared to be too primitive to me then as it is to you now, so it took some time to be "hooked" by it's charm. To be 100% fair with you, first time when I saw this game written about (I believe it was TouchArcade article) I didn't even fully read it just because by looking on screenshots I concluded that it must be some kind of "idle" game which I highly dislike. "Premium idle RPG about fishing?" - I thought to myself then. "No way I'm buying this!". I did however, bought it later, after playing Cat Quest, Crashlands and Space Marshals. Rule with an Iron Fish is just as good, in it's own way, IMHO. It just doesn't appears to be so at first glance. And I agree with you about Crashlands and Cat Quest, mate. It's more appealing indeed but people missing a lot of fun by not playing this one (IMHO again).

8. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I’m at total fan of premium games, liked crashlands and have totally been in the fence related to this game. I don’t think I understand the Gabe enough. I thought it was more of a short terms arcade fishing game. Not a fan of gyroscope so was also concern about controls.

I now have a new born baby and likely my gaming career is ending! Haha... may try to splurge on the svebtfakly in between buying diapers and baby wipes!

9. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Ugh! Yeah i hate idle games too. Lol. Ya know I think I will get this. I always love finding those “hidden gems” for myself. Like I just downloaded this game it’s free and it does have some iaps but I haven’t needed any at all, there’s some ads but not too bad, some are optional but you get stuff. It’s a survival rpg, turn based.
    I think it’s called Ankora? Anyways I had never heard of it before so I gave it a try and I really have enjoyed it, I have been in that exploration/survival mood lately with riadiation city, and portal knights.

10. porktree

porktree Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Nar-where

I'm loving this game - every turn delights. Where is the Narwhal? I have fished my fingers blue and have not seen a Narwhal yet? I feel like it my be mythical.

11. mujie

mujie Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Thanks. No offence, but it was really unclear that that was the case. A better tutorial on farming might be useful.

12. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    I wonder what happened to the expected big update...

<tapping foot>

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Big update is out, game looks amazing on iPhone X now. Thanks Kestrel!

14. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Support Spanish?

15. goldsheep

goldsheep Active Member

Feb 4, 2015
    thanks for the support everyone! sorry for the late replies, we’re working hard on our next game — a survival simulator where you collect weird monsters and plants and stuff. maybe some fish. no promises about the fish. you can check our twitter or mailing list for non-spammy updates :)

thanks Jared! took quite a bit of testing/fixing so it’s nice to see it on the appstore’s ‘Great on iPhone X’ feature :)

unfortunately no plans for this or any other languages, localization is pretty expensive and we have a lot of complicated pun-filled text :/

sorry about that! good to know for future tutorials — also thanks Vyacheslav for explaining it!

it exists! i just caught one!