Universal Inferno+ - (by Radiangames)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 30, 2012.

1. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Instant download for me, can't wait to put my fingers on at. :)

2. waxandwane

waxandwane Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    Hope your problem will be fixed! Note that if it makes Editor's Choice your icon design won't be as much exposed as a screenshot of an ingame scene so let's maybe cross fingers for that :p
    For now it's the only game I'll get tonight so don't take this away from me! (;))
    Love Ballistic and Fireball btw so in worst case scenario I'll at least get to enjoy the updates, right? :)

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Another release from one of the best developers to come to iOS. I can't wait.

4. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    If you pull it, can you wait just a little, so your loyal fans get the chance to download it round midnite? ;)

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to this. Im not buying the icon per se, it's the awesomeness that comes with it.

Also, cant Icons be just a part of your first update? That way, you wont have to pull. :D

6. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ

Agreed.

I normally purchase 15-20 games a week on the app store. This week, however, I am highly disappointed in the NZ releases other than Inferno and Expand It. I have only planned on buying those.

Along with others, I've been so pumped for Inferno. Please do not pull the app, and keep all of us in this thread updated on the situation. It appears that Radiangames has many true blue fans here on Touch Arcade.

7. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    They have update the description text to the NZ Appstore and they explain the icon issue (NOTE: The iTunes icon is not correct, it will be fixed in an update ASAP. You'll see the real icon after it downloads on your device.)... so maybe they decide to keep it up till the update... We gonna learn in few hours!

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I never understood all the fuss over icons to begin with. I really don't care what a game looks like in that little square on my phone. I only care about how the game plays. There could be a picture of My Little Pony, but if the game kicks ass, I could care less about the icon.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Hey, I want this game to be as successful as it can possibly be so Radian can afford to keep churning out the awesomeness. I don't care about the icon either, but it seems his concern is a poor release due to suboptimal iTunes presentation. If it will help Radian in the long run, I can wait a bit, but man do I want this game :D

10. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Leaning towards keeping it right now. If I'd known yesterday morning, it would be a different story.

Won't know about the expedited review for 1 or 2 days, so I'll wait to see if there are any other big issues. If no major issues, it'll stay up. I know that's not a good incentive to report problems, but please still do :)

Will update when I know more.

11. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Relax people, yes, the description's been changed so I doubt the game's going anywhere. For all the fuss, I personally think it is a close call between which of the two icons would grab more attention. No doubt the one intended for release is more tasteful, but it's not like taste sells.

The game is excellent by the way. All of the meat, none of the fat. Now, carry on with the hubbub.

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just what i want to hear. Now roll on midnight.

13. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Actually skipped on Fireball and Ballistic. This one looks good enough to get though. Might end up grabbing all three tonight. I think it's been a while since I've bought a DSS. They've definitely slowed in releasing. There used to be a new one weekly.

14. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    The Fling has made Ballistic and Fireball extremely fun and addictive. Ill be pickin this one up later

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I bought Fireball and Ballistic, but in all honesty, I thought Ballistic wasnt as engrossing as Fireball. Doesnt mean Ballistic is bad though, just isnt up to par with Fireball.

Fireball was just plain fantastic... Balls, Physics, and a sh*tload of adrenaline rush.

I believe Inferno+ will be at least be better than Ballistic for me.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Huh? "The Fling"? Am I missing something here?

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    #37 Royce, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
    Super Crossfire is outstanding, Ballistic is very good, but Fireball is one of the best games on iOS. The level of excitement it creates is intense and hard to compare to much else on the platform. I don't understand why it isn't more popular, but I guess people just wanna shoot stuff :p
    Anyway, I seriously can't wait to try Inferno, even if it's Radian's worst game, which I doubt, it is hard to imagine it won't be awesome.

http://tenonedesign.com/fling.php
    http://toucharcade.com/2011/01/04/fling-game-controller-for-ipad/

18. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    ipad joystick....
    [​IMG]

19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The visuals style is largely repeated in their games, yes, but I have liked all of them so far. Sign me up.

Also, I prefer Fireball SE to Ballistic as well, but both are good.

20. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011