Nintendo’s first mobile ‘game’, Miitomo, is still awaiting release this year after its reveal late last year. And now we’re getting word out of Japan that the game will hit in a couple of months. The normally-reliable Dr. Serkan Toto, who was the first to say to “expect the unexpected" with Nintnendo’s first mobile game – and I don’t think anyone was really expecting Miitomo – reports in a series of tweets that Nintendo president Tatsumi Kimishima said to Japan’s Mainichi Shimbun that the first smartphone game from Nintendo will release in March. It’s assumed this is Miitomo, but has not been made explicitly clear.
4) He says it’s vital for Nintendo to experiment with new business models. He confirms the first smartphone app will be rolled out in March.
— Dr. Serkan Toto (Kantan Games Inc.) (@serkantoto) January 15, 2016
Also, more games from Nintendo, some featuring famous Nintendo characters, will release in 2016. Tatsumi Kimishima says that “it’s vital for Nintendo to experiment with new business models." So it’ll be interesting for sure to see just what the oming year brings for Nintnendo and their mobile games. It’ll be odd to think of Nintendo games as regular occurrences on mobile, but this is the future we live in now.