Those eagerly awaiting the 2D Mini Squadron shooter we profiled back in September will be pleased to find the game has arrived. The developer described his motivation was to bring a “high quality, frenetic shoot-em-up to the iPhone, taking inspiration from old-skool games".
Mini Squadron offers an arcade style 2D shooter with a progressively difficult 8 levels with multiple stages in each. There are 50 progressively unlockable aircraft with different stats, handling and weapons to use throughout the game. Other features from the developer include:
- Over 50 planes to unlock and collect for your mini squadron.
- 8 Levels of intense combat each containing multiple levels of enemies to shoot down
- 7 different types of weapon to use including Homing Missile, Drop Bomb, Laser and BIG Laser!
- Ducks, Seagulls, UFOs, Devil Planes, Propellor Planes, Squids – you can shoot all these things and more!
- Simple yet fluid gameplay systems based on physics, you can stall if going too slow and also gain supersonic speed by diving fast towards the Earth for a competitve advantage.
- More than 8 different pick-ups to boost your plane.
- Local WiFi Multiplayer – challenge your friends to a one-on-one dogfight to the death!
Full review to come. First impressions are being reported in our forums.
App Store Link: MiniSquadron, $2.99