Universal WazHack (by Warwick Allison)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by strivemind, May 7, 2013.

1. Timobrow

Timobrow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    The characters literally cost $1. I'm sure you can afford that.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yeah I find this iap model to be good, as you get to buy just what you want. I started with the knights and then moved onto the wizards.

3. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    So the moral is levitating with archery works? I wouldn't have thought of that, because as a Valkerie, which is what I'm focused on, levitation seems extraneous at best. I've found for me the key really is teleport control, but then I can't seem to let an item go rather than drag it's heavy weight to the nearest shop.

4. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    It definitely works out. Being able to levitate and fill mobs full of arrows is pretty damn nice. Of course you still have to watch out for mobs throwing weapons at you, giants, balrogs, spell casters, etc. I dont know if i would have made it out without teleport, and teleport control.

Crazy fun game with all kinds of equipment combos.

5. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    maybe it was already discussed but it would be good if all spellcasting classes would start at least with random spell book. i know it's a rogue like and randomness is the big part of the game, but spellcasters should get something.

6. Aye-Beast

Aye-Beast Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Well the sorceress gets a book of absorb curse from the jump which is very cool. Let's you recklessly equip everything as long as you find time to rest off the damage. And the sorceror gets 10 identified potions. Which is also good.

7. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    yeah, but why warriors have weapons? they could also start with knowledge how to use them and lets say with a shield. the absorb curse is cool, but is not that useful. potions are good but it's sorcerer class and there are plenty of potions in the game. what i want to say is that some plays feel like you are playing a lame warrior because you dont see and wands or books. and buying only all spellcasters iaps is a bit of disappointment especially after seeing nethack like comparisons.

8. WazWaz

WazWaz Active Member

May 8, 2013
    They've let another update through! Try out the new 'non-Compact' mode if you have an iPad (might also be good on mini, I don't have any one).

The 'quit' thing is against the letter of guides but hopefully if they see it they will see that it's not really 'quit' in the terminate app sense, but in the 'give up' sense, and it feels right to have that option alongside 'Again!'.

9. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Oh really? Then I think I have a crash bug, because whenever I hit "quit" the app closes (or were you making a distinction between killing and closing?). Anyway, I can't wait to try the update, and I'll let you know how it looks on a mini.

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    The non compact mode is great!
    It's nice to be able to access my pets inventory with only one button press, it was a bit cumbersome before, and the new UI doesn't obscure the playing field at all.

11. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    The new non compact option is absolutely brilliant. Having access to all the buttons like that just makes everything that little bit easier/quicker.

12. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  13. Daman2u

Daman2u Active Member

May 12, 2012
    Not sure if this has been answered yet but how do you fire an arrow? I really need to figure this out. I think it would assist in my character's longevity greatly.

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Press the attack button near the bottom left corner of the screen (or tap an enemy), aim with your finger, press the green check to fire.

15. Daman2u

Daman2u Active Member

May 12, 2012
    Ah. Thank you very much. This will definitely help.

16. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    Has anyone had success fixing the rust on an weapon? I rusted my Excalibur (which I thought would be impossible).
    I'm thinking of reading an enchant scroll while confused, but am worried about permanently loosing my hard found Excalibur. Or can forging a mighty weapon work?
    Lastly, I noticed when forging mighty weapons and armor, that sometimes the end result has a hidden +. This is dangerous because then you don't know if you're about to over enchant an item. I had a bastard sword explode on me. :(

17. deejayjaw

deejayjaw Member

May 14, 2013
    a blacksmith can rustproof.

18. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Oh gosh. I just got stripped down to what appear to be my heart print boxer shorts! That was unexpected....:eek:

19. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    Holy cow, this game just gets cooler and cooler every time I play it! There's so much crap that just happened to me on my last run (up until I starved to death!) but I don't wanna spoil anything for anyone else who's playing.

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #320 LordGek, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    It is fun and I kind of appreciate how while so much of the ol' Nethack lore/tricks are still in effect (like how one summons Excalibur ans such) but then there are a lot of new twists as well so you can't completely just coast by on your knowledge of Nethack.

I'm sure I asked earlier but can't find the post or an answer. What does adding folks name to your personal guild do again? Are we then able to share bones files or something?