Warhammer Quest 2: The End Times

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RodeoBenjamin, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #441 Nullzone, Oct 2, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. Heavnsix

Heavnsix Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I thought I saw an October release date a while back, but haven't been able to find it again. Are we close?

3. Birth1118

Birth1118 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Auditor
    MA, US
    Oh the beta has arrived!

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    They are aiming for 16.10. if I recall correctly. Fingers crossed everything is on track and we don't find any serious problems during beta.

Yep ;) quite the download. Will take the plunge when the kid's in bed :p

5. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    October 19th is the date they've been advertising for release.

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    *Very good* first impression, despite some issues. Very promising, I think.
    Just sent my first lengthy feedback email, have to keep the poor Perchang folks busy ;)

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Hey anyone in the beta is there an NDA with the beta at all or can you talk about it? Wondering if there's extra info on the classes to play and IAP classes. Plus abilitiy details

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    It's a very polite request ("Please do not post screen shots, videos or discuss the details of the game mechanics or the game story.") where I'd have done a more formal NDA. I'll honor it as such.

So, patience till release, please ;) I'm taking notes already, and will try to write them down properly and share after release.

9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yeh I've done some where I had to do an nda one company event sent out a form I had to sign and send back to participate. Rather than just an online agreement that is.

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just a headsup everyone. The game currently needs 1.86gig on your device so you might want to clear some space #

11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Guess I'll be playing on my iPad then, always struggling for space on my phone

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #452 Nullzone, Oct 4, 2017
    [BUG] All dungeons crashing on enter

To the other testers:
    Does anyone else get some many crashes, or is it just me?
    For one, the game crashes quite frequently - in dungeons, in towns, etc. Roughly once every 5-15 minutes. Which is a bit weird, as it runs buttersmooth in between; so it's not the Air1 being too low-power/old, I'm fairly certain.
    Even worse, I reached a point on two different saves where every dungeon I try to enter (story or sidequest) immediately crashes the game.
    As far as I can tell, that started once I reached the third story dungeon (accessible from the second town).

I am on an Air1, iOS 10.3.2, not jailbroken.
    Would prefer to hold off with upgrading to iOS 11 until Apple worked out the worst kinks :p but if anyone can confirm that the game runs fine for them on and Air1 with iOS 11, I'll upgrade.

@Benjamin: I sent you some crashlogs. Any idea already what's causing it and how long it'll take to fix things?

13. RodeoBenjamin

RodeoBenjamin Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    Male
    Creative Director at Perchang Games
    Guildford
    Hi everyone!

Thanks to all our beta testers who have been doing a stellar job in finding bugs.... This is why we run beta after all!

Turns out the crashes people are having are all linked to a couple of issues. Our programmers, are working hard on fixing it up. We should hopefully have a new version to test in the next few days.

Also, thanks for not talking about the beta content. I know it's hard, but everyone will get to play and share stories / tactics in a few weeks time.

@Nullzone, thanks for your emails! You do indeed keep us on our toes!! ;) Pete will be in touch shortly to ask some questions about your crash.

The reason why we haven't created a channel for all the testers to talk, is because we need people to email us with their feedback and experiences. As soon as it gets discussed in a wider forum, those thoughts get diluted and it's harder for us to act on the issues.

@Heavnsix, we'll be launching on October 19th.

Again, thanks for the questions, support and feedback. Our aim is to keep adding cool features to the game after launch, and we've certainly had lots of awesome suggestions!

- Ben

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    As I received a ton of messages (here and elsewhere) about this, I take this chance to somewhat answer about the beta.
    Some of you may know I'm a die hard original WHQ fan, which is always a double edged sword when approaching a new take on the franchise.

I'm around 10-11 hours in, and I'm ECSTATIC about what I'm playing, especially after the 5 hours mark when I came to really appreciate all the details Benjamin shared here in the last months.

If you are in this thread because you loved the original WHQ, feel free to book a lot of free time for next months.
    I know I will.

The Old World has never been so vibrant, lively, fun, cinematic, varied, strategically deep and brutal.

Also, a technical note about beta testing. Thanks GOD for the new iOS 11 screenshot feature...I LOVE it.
    I must have sent tens of screenshots and surely thousands of words already.
    Wife thinks I'm writing a book.
    I almost feel sad for all Perchang now, they must be furiously working non stop.
    Keep up the good work guys, you are onto something special.

Not sure this is the right place to talk about this but for what it's worth I have an iPad Air 1 myself (on iOS 11) and played many hours without a single crash.
    I played A LOT more on iPhone 6S because I like playing there more (graphics and fluidity etc...as expected) and there I had 1 crash on save (had to restart from scratch, but that was expected).
    I'm told Perchang is on this full hands as we speak.
    Last night I played like 3 hours straight without a single issue but a total party kill that left me completely speechless (in a good way).
    I never, ever, had a total party kill since years in WHQ.
    It was GLORIOUS.

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #455 Nullzone, Oct 4, 2017
    Thanks Pitta! I'll update to iOS 11 today, see if that works just as smooth for me too. Unless Perchang prefers me to stay on 10.x to verify fixes. Ben?

And yes, definitely seconding the "ecstatic", things really are fantastic :)

Also, oh boy... you seem to be even more productive with your feedback than me. Poor Perchang's mailbox must be exploding by now.

Sidethought: I'm really curious what you sent them, and wouldn't mind sharing my stuff with you (and other testers, of course) if Ben has no objections. Skype call or such to chat a bit would be fun, if you feel like it.

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    It's fine for me!
    I actually quite like using Google Hangouts, just tell me.
    I've used it before with other testers (you can make a group very easily).
    Some big brands use that too, when not using special hidden forums.

And, as Benjamin said...I'm pretty sure when the game will be out there will be floods of stories about the game.
    I call them stories on purpose.
    It's the aspect of the game that blow me away the most, as I wasn't expecting it at all.

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #457 Nullzone, Oct 4, 2017
    no luck with crashes on iOS 11

So only upgrading to iOS 11 didn’t do the trick.
    Deleted the game, currently reinstalling. Will report back later if that resolved it.

UPDATE: Oha, it kept my savefiles after deleting the game. Looks like Apple got something right with iOS11 ;) But it still crashes when entering dungeons, will try a completely new savegame next.

@pitta: did you start on iOS11 right away? Or were you first on 10 and upgraded somewhere in between?

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    #458 Pitta, Oct 4, 2017
    I was on iOS 11 from day one.
    If a save is borked you have only two options I’m aware of:

Waiting for Pete’s magic, IF possible.
    Starting again.

I advice second option because....you’ll see :p

EDIT: it kept your saves because iCloud sync implementation is flawless.
    I hop between devices all of the time for testing pourpose (and personal convenience) and it has been rock solid.

19. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hear ye, hear ye, I bear good news! ;)
    Restarting a new savegame on iOS11 seems to have solved the crashes, all running supersmooth so far.

@pitta: It’s not iCloud that kept my saves as far as I can see, unless it’s doing it completely hidden from the user:
    I am not logged into into iCloud, WHQ2 saves don’t show up there, I have iCloud Drive and iCloud Backup switched off, and I think I even had Wifi off then (but not sure).

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Weird because keeping data files is a iOS 11 feature, not iOS 10.
    When you deleted the game it should have even warned you about it.
    Anyway, happy to see you solved it, enjoy the game!!!!