Universal Vigil RPG (by Aggro Magnet Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AggroMagnetGames, Nov 11, 2014.

1. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #41 PoloBaquerizoH, Dec 9, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    Yes I mean for ipad and just little worry that resolution could be affected on my ipad

2. AggroMagnetGames

AggroMagnetGames Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    I'm thrilled that Vigil RPG made the list of TouchArcade RPG Reload's favorite RPGs of 2014!

http://toucharcade.com/2014/12/31/rpg-reload-special-edition-rpg-reloads-favorite-rpgs-of-2014/

As usual for Shaun M., his comments are spot-on:

Take an 8-bit Japanese RPG, slice away all the excess, and focus on creating lively, strategic combat, and you'd be left with Vigil RPG. It's a great game to play when you're looking for something a bit lighter but still want to play an RPG.

The battles are the highlight here, requiring you to learn enemy patterns and react accordingly to dispose of them as quickly and harmlessly as possible.

With excellent incentives provided for finishing goals in as few turns as possible, you're incentivized to learn the ins and outs of combat, at which point it's hard not to appreciate its design.

3. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
  4. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Vigil RPG version 1.1.0 is now live! This version adds a bunch of new sound effects to combat for various spells and physical attack abilities.

As always, feel free to reach out here on TA, or via http://aggromagnetgames.com, if you have any questions or comments!

5. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    After a full week of intense review scrutinization by Apple, Vigil RPG v1.1.1 has been posted to the App Store!

This update has several minor balance changes. See the update notes for details, or else if anyone is interested, just ask here and I'll elaborate! One change in particular is that Mana Strike was bumped up a point in damage to make late-game magic-heavy hero builds more viable and fun.

6. evilabdy

evilabdy Well-Known Member

Hooray for continuing updates!

7. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    #49 AggroMagnetGames, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    I've got a few Vigil RPG codes to give away for those of you who haven't tried out the game yet!

J7JNHKPJ*XN9 - where * is the first digit of the hero's % chance to flee from combat.
    4YEWJMJW4YF* - where * is the first letter of the barony where Vigil RPG takes place.
    FHKLXYKF*KM4 - where * is the number of stars that Vigil RPG was awarded here on TouchArcade!
    JLNAM6EWJH*T - where * is the first letter of the name of the building where the hero can pick up quests.
    L639X*LF6HE9 - where * is the first letter of the name of the building where the baron lives on the north end of town.

All of the above information can be found on the Vigil RPG website!

Enjoy! As always, if you have any questions or comments about the game, please get in touch here on this TA forum thread, or via Twitter or Facebook!

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    J7JNHKPJ4XN9 taken...

thanks a lot!

9. indalico

indalico Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    ohio
    I took FHKLXYKF*KM4. Thanks

10. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

JLNAM6EWJH*T taken! Thanks :)

11. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Happy Birthday, Vigil RPG!

Happy Birthday, Vigil RPG! Vigil RPG was released one year ago today!

To celebrate, Vigil RPG (full game, no IAP/ads) is now on sale for $2!

As always, if anyone has any questions about the game, reply here, and I'll get back to you!

12. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Tried a code, but it said the offer had expired - was I too slow, or had they all been taken...

13. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Hey Roleki,

I think they were all taken; also, iTunes promo codes expire after 30 days, so even if they weren't all taken, they would have expired by now.

Thanks for your interest anyway! :)

14. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Now just $1!

For the first time ever, Vigil RPG is now on sale for just US $1 (down from $3)!

For what it's worth, TouchArcade RPG reviewer extraordinaire Shaun Musgrave advises you to snap up Vigil RPG at this price. :) https://twitter.com/ShaunMusgrave/status/720816086095044609 (Thanks, Shaun!)

Fire away in this thread or hit me up on Twitter at @AggroMagnetGame if you have any questions!

15. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    I have iPad Air will this work

16. AggroMagnetGames

Nov 6, 2014
    Software developer
    Michigan, USA
    Yes!

In the App Store, you'll need to select the "iPhone + iPad" filter for Vigil RPG to show up in the search results. But then it'll play great on iPad!

17. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    Thanks already bought it

18. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I dont know how I had never come across this game before! I am loving it! I am a big fan of the retro RPGs and I have to say I am enjoying this more then a few of the others I have bought, even more then gurk III and lowlander. It's not as confusing as lowlander more user friendly and straightforward and i prefer the solo experience of this game to the party formation of gurk. when I want an uncomplicated casual RPG to just pick up and play for awhile this will definitely be my pick :)