iPad Vector Tanks EXTREME! [by BlipTime Studios]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Devilishly Good, Feb 25, 2010.

1. I'm really glad I came to this site. I had heard about this game when I was following Peter's Youtube channel with his amazing Luna City Arcade. (Check it out if you haven't) Seeing how the game is a total love note to Battlezone I had to check it out. I was a little upset that I couldn't download it when I got my new Touch on Christmas but I just downloaded Extreme and I can't wait to try it out.

Keep up the great work!

2. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    #122 xStatiCa, Jan 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
    I play on the ipad and i didn't realize at first that the settings default to digital controls by default which makes aiming difficult and imprecise to me and requires the controls moved to their almost extreme position to move. After changing to analog controls it was much better but I still wish there was a dead zone and sensitivity setting for the controls. Once you a are comfortable with the touch way of controls I find that I usually want very little dead zone at center stick and the sensitivity up for most games.

I really think the game would play even better with much less dead zone at center stick and a sensitivity setting so that movement is increased near center stick.

Great game and I am glad I purchased. I do feel the center stick dead zone and sensitivity is holding back my scores from what the could be though. I have a feeling this is a bigger problem on the ipad because of the increased size of the controls but I suspect the iphone could use some dead zone and sensitive tweaking too but I don't know for sure yet. I have only played this on the iPad so far.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Did this game get pulled?? I was juggling around some apps and deleted this temporarily, but it isn't showing up on the store.

4. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    Yeah looks like it was yanked (see front page article). This really sucks. :(

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    F*** you, Atari.

6. Danito

Danito Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Adieu Atari, you won't see a cent again from me...

7. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That really does suck. This was one of my favorite iOS games. With an 8 GB iPod Touch, however, sometimes I delete stuff temporarily to make room for other things then put them back on. And my PC doesn't recognize my device correctly so I can't sync either.

So, for me, it's gone for good. I'd like to know whether BlipTime is going to fight back to try to get it back up. Yes, it resembled Battlezone, but it was much faster and much, much better IMO.

8. leemik

leemik Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2011
  9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Sucks big time that they could get this pulled. Definitely bullshit. Sorry to hear of this, but am glad I have my copies. Definitely won't be deleting them from my HDD.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I bought this game and really like it. But i can see why Atari got it pulled, theyre obviously going to release some 30 year anniversary game/compilation or something and any clones they want removed, makes sense really.

Big shame for the dev but when you have a game very closely matched to an old arcade original these things will happen.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NUTS! :mad:

Have both versions of the original, but never got the Extreme! version.

Total kick to the balls to a guy who's already down on his luck (the developer, not me... go read his kickstarter page for Vector Tanks 3)

12. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    My thoughts exactly. If Atari can't deliver a fast, fun game in the style of the old coin-ops, they shouldn't stop creative people from doing it instead.

13. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Dang! Hope this comes back 'cause I somehow missed this, and I wanna play it!

14. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    where'd it go???

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  16. aggiedeals

aggiedeals Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2009
    I missed getting the extreme version too! I hope it can come back one day :(

17. fetagames

fetagames Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Indie Developer
    Poland
    I have played many years ago in similar game on Atari 65 XE... wow that was fun, will this one compete?

18. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Would be great if Atari pulled a Sega and offered to bring the dev into the fold a la Sonic CD. Could be the best rank game ever :)

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That would be great but with Atari's track record, I doubt it. They seem to just be the bullying type. Made Alien Space Retro change they style of its ship and asteriods. But from the blog for Vector Tanks 3, it made it sould like these devs were even offered the opportunity to try to make changes to it.

Sounds like they'll put more effort into VT3 to make sure it doesn't feel the Atari wrath, but it sucks that I can't re-download this in the meantime. Think it'll be quite a while for VT3 hits.

20. VOGamer

VOGamer Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    VTE pulled from itunes! I can't believe it! It's just so wrong. F*** Atari! I will never buy another Atari game again! How is it possible that Atari can have a monopoly on vector graphics AND tanks? Especially with a game from THIRTY YEARS AGO? Usually I side with Apple's decision, but I felt in this case, they didn't even look at the competing product they pulled. What's worst is that Atari's iOS product will likely steal the touch implementation from the good games that they pulled into their own. /end anger rant:mad: