Touch Arcade Recomends

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by schooze, Feb 19, 2009.

?

What do you think?

1. Good idea

8 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. Bad idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care either way

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. schooze

schooze Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    I was thinking it would be great if there was either a forum or sticky were we could have a list of games sorted by genre like puzzle, racing, word etc. With links to the app store. Now for an app to be on the list it would have to be almost perfect something that could be considered essential to own. I know that I personally feel like there are so many apps I haven't even heard of let alone tried, what is there now 10,000 apps that's a ton to try and weed through for the best of the best. Also an app is talked about one week and forgotten the next with some exceptions obviously anyway just a thought. Sorry if this has been suggested before.

50HellsofPain likes this.
  2. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
  3. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    It's a decent idea, but there isn't much consensus on the "essential" apps of each genre

4. schooze

schooze Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Thanks Arn yeah I definitly remember that and it was great but most were games you wouldn't have to come here to learn about everyone pretty much knows them. Fletch your definitly right no one can say what they consider the best and have everyone agree with them, so a Touch Arcade Recommends section would either have to have what few apps everyone loves making it pointless, or have hundreads of apps making it no better then the app store. Maybe something better would be app of the month or week focusing on one or a few apps of each genre.