Universal Tiny Tower: 5th Anniversary Edition (by NimbleBit)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 22, 2011.

1. eeenmachine

eeenmachine Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Independent Game Developer
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, it is much more complicated. Even playing for a few minutes on different offline devices results in hundreds of differences in the game.

The only real way to support syncing is to force players to always have an internet connection.

2. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Oh man, I've been waiting for this since it was first announced. Congrats on the release, NimbleBit.

3. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    does a persons stat affect the amount of customers that come in? or does it only affect their personal happiness? also will a bitizen move out if they arent kept happy?

4. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    They will never move out on their own. Employee skill levels affect how big of a discount you get on restocking products.

5. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Got the game from the Japanese App Store and I'm really loving it! It does seem to be a little lacking on content though, although there's probably some stuff I haven't seen yet. But so far the gameplay seems to be nothing more than building/stocking shops and constructing an occasional living floor. It would be nice if there was some way of upgrading a floor or the individual residents, kinda like Game Dev Story.

6. Neptunes

Neptunes Active Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Virginia
    Is it an online only type of game?

7. nikhsterboi

nikhsterboi Well-Known Member

Can you actually do any of the things that Bitizens want from the BitBook? Example: "I wish there was a vending machine in the lobby"

Also, how often do you get rent from people staying at apts?

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

9. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

10. darioslzr

darioslzr Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Excellent video!! :)

11. Mctron

Mctron Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Spaced out Adventurerer
    Cool Sounding Coordinates #5
    Game Impressions

Downloading from japan now.....

12. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    You might be over thinking things :p

Pocket Frogs consists of nothing much other than collecting frogs with a variety of patterns, main colors, and secondary colors. There's the habitats for keeping them in, the pond for maturing and finding new patterns, and that's pretty much it. Nimblebit added in some minigames (frog racing and a puzzle game), but they're fluff. Compared to their biggest success, Tiny Tower is Citizen Kane :D

These are games you might only spend 5 minutes a day on after the initial novelty wears off, but they're games you can spend 5 minutes a day on for *months*.

13. protip:like one guy said above, the fastest way to get coins is to grind till you get 50 towerbux, then buy the 100k coin package
    with around 1 hour of gaming time,i managed to get 30+towerbux and 6 floors

14. maybe you could make it so that if people are online, they can upload their save to be linked to their gamecenter account?

just a thought

15. eeenmachine

Oct 24, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    The game already does this, but in the background and only periodically for backup purposes.

16. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    The moment I knew I was a fan of this little game: I zoomed out and saw it was a night city skyline rendered in pixel art. Very cool little touch, wasn't expecting to see real time effects in the game.

17. but the problem with periodic backups is that they are too periodic, and like somebody said in a previous post, his sync took him back by 1 hour
    maybe you could add an option to let people sync immediately?

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

Really annoying when you have two devices. Cause it keeps asking me about this. Which is almost as annoying as having to play two different games. Any chance for a feature to let you save to Gamecenter manually? Or has that been asked already?

19. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    #79 plasmakirby3, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
    I went ahead and bought the elevator upgrade instead of 100k coins and I think it was a good decision. You'll always earn 100k coins in a few days of waiting but you have to actually stay in the game and operate the elevator to earn bux. So I'd rather spend my bux on something that can only be bought with them. Besides, once you use up all your bux on 100k coins, you still have to wait for everything to build/stock, and that's way too many buildings to just speed up with bux. Just my opinion though.

This game is really great btw. Love the Bitbook and all the different types of buildings. The painting/dressup were nice add-ons too. If anyone wants to add me, I'm Kirbychewy on Gamecenter. :)

20. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I absolutely love this game :D I've been playing it nonstop as soon as it came out on the NZ app store. I only have 3 suggestions, 2 of which are just extra flair and one is a bug report.
    1. Be able to change the names of Bitizens. Pointless, yes, but I'd like to name some of them after my friends and whatnot :p
    2. Be able to add a Bitizen to the lobby. It seems a bit lonely without anyone behind the counter.
    3. Bug: This has happened to me a few times. When I am using another app and get a notification that something has happened, such as a restock, when I hit okay and go to the app, either the sound or the music is gone. I am using an Ipod Touch 4g with the latest software.