iPhone Tilt To Live HD - by One Man Left

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 6, 2010.

1. tyr2

tyr2 Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 7, 2010
    Wow

Got this first thing this morning and haven't stopped playing since :) I'm now top of the Classic scoreboard (as ElGordo with 10.9m), which I'm sure won't last a moment when the US get out of bed. Time well spent for the few moments of glory!

Bug Report:

A sure fire way to make the game crash. Click 'Awards', while the 'Loading AGON Online' screen is up click the 'x' to make it disappear, then click 'New Game', it'll crash every time.

Comment:

Some of the achievements are _much_ easier in HD, such as 'Super Conductor' and 'In Cold Blood'. Since the dot density is much higher, particularly for those large blocks, these are much easier to achieve.

The burnicade seems a little bit wide, it's very easy to hide in it even with a green shield.

I love how the vortex affects the large blocks of dots and sends them spinning across the screen, very challenging!

Great update. Hope to see it at the top of the app store soon!

2. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    After playing for hours last night I would safely say this is a spectacular port.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a flaw in the game.

If anything I would give people the option to flip the screen, since the headphone jack is really in the way with the current screen orientation.

And the load screen needs some work, as noted above it mentions the iPhone sometimes. And the text on the load screen should probably be centered and/or enlarged to make it fit better on the iPad screen.

That's it, I mean there really isn't anything wrong with this game. So very, very good.

The new Gauntlet mode is so much better than the iPhone version, hard as hell but really fun.

3. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

Glad you enjoy it! Thanks for the bug report, looking into it now.

We've had a few people report issues on the iOS 4.2 beta 2. I'm currently testing on it at the moment to see if I can track down the source of the problem.

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    What are the new unlockable super-weapons, and are they important to getting high scores?

I'll probably download it anyway, but I do resent (a little) "free" games where you feel gimped if you dont upgrade. Hey, I know they have to make money, but I cant help the way I feel!

5. OneManLeft

OneManLeft Well-Known Member

The weapons are the same as the iphone version. The only difference is the ice blast is no longer an unlockable (you get it from the beginning). You have Burnicade, Spike Shield, Bubble Shield, Vortex, and Lightning Shield as unlockable weapons.

As for high scores, those weapons certainly help in the later stages of the game but I have no doubts that *someone* out there will play the free version and still get ridiculous scores with the base weapons.

Understandable that you feel that way. Although we look at TTL HD as more of a 'demo' that is typical of games on the PC or consoles and where you can pay to get the full version. In the app store, this is usually done with a lite version. We just thought we'd make it easier on folks :).

6. Cynicalone

Dec 18, 2009
    It is much easier to combo on the iPad.

I just scored 57,064,646 with a massive combo. :D

7. cloudcastles

cloudcastles Well-Known Member

May 16, 2010
    I actually prefer to pay for an app from the start rather than buy DLC, which I have a very negative reaction to. Would you consider putting out a complete full version too?

8. Cynicalone

Dec 18, 2009
    The "Quit Blowing Bubbles" award has the wrong text.

It has the text for scoring 800,000 points without using the unlocked weapons. Instead of the text for keeping a shield for 60 seconds.

9. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    The moment it works fine (that includes I do not see upgrade error in the main menu as well) I will be glad to buy it. It is fun (when it works).

10. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Well Doom first chapter was free and then you could paid to have the full version. It's strange you persist found difference in both modes, you should look better behind the words, it's exactly the same system with different words.

In my opinion it's a great approach and you are over reacting for dev giving you for free a large part of their game and try through some rather discrete messages to suggest you pay for the full game if you enjoyed the free part.

But yes a lite and a full paid different version is fine too, not really different in fact.

11. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that has NEVER had a crash and has no errors within this game?:confused:

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I played the crap out of a late beta without any issues myself, but I will try giving the release version a spin tonight to see if I can see any of these crashes.

The only immediate difference between the beta and release that I know of is that the beta version was only attached to a little private test server of Agon...maybe the fun happens when attaching to the REAL WORLD version of Agon?

13. BroonBottle

BroonBottle Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It was a complete no brain instant purchase for me too. I've played the original loads and loads on both my iPhone and iPad so it's nice to have a proper HD version for the iPad at last.

My initial observation about the controls is that no matter where you set the slider for tilt sensitivity doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. I've tried both ends of the slider and couldn't tell them apart.

14. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    A note to who is experiencing crashes like me. After I synced with my Mac, it seems that the games does not crashes and does not display any error.
    I will give itbsome time to see how stable this is .... Before buying the game.

15. RodmanSan

RodmanSan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Project Management Architect
    E-Troid, the Netherlands
    Tried several ways to play this game...but the app keeps crashing on me....:(

16. Caprone

Caprone Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    No, you're not. I never had a crash, but it's difficult to understand on which basis this issue occurs.

17. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Crashing again. Only solution isnnot to move the Ipad when it starts up :(

18. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    But what if the Loading message tells me to? :p

19. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I do not move it and then all works fine. If I move it ... Crash.