The Last Warlock $4.99 -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by SonicSloth, Jul 3, 2015.

1. SonicSloth

SonicSloth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
  2. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    bought thanks

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    got it!!!

4. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Super steal at this price guys and gals don't miss it

5. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    This shouldn't be on sale.

6. SonicSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    Why do you say that?

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I cant speak for him, but I believe he(?) meant that this shouldn't be on sale because it was worth every penny of the full price.

8. SonicSloth

Patreon Bronze

Oct 19, 2012
    Games Developer
    Unfortunately it's a sad reality that mobile games get devalued to this degree.

Mobile games are the only industry where $5 will be called 'premium' for products that take years of work to make. It's really not worth releasing anything that isn't a mass-market 'one-tap' type game, or a conversion of a game that already made money on PC or console.

9. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Sorry to hear you say that. Wish it wasn't the case. Your game is really something special.

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #10 Vovin, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Ya, y'all got me right.
    Oh, and: yes, I am suffering from an xy-chromosom infection.

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Those are the worst.

12. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    #12 kopicha, Jul 5, 2015
    Not really, I still pay up to $20-40 a game on my vita which is also consider mobile games too since it's an aka handheld portable gaming device. But most of those are usually quality that is on par or at least equivalent to true console experience games. There's also games like Implosion on mobile devices that sells for $10 which have 3mil downloads since launch according to the dev. That's a pretty good number for the price they sell as well as being a new ip. So don't get dishearten. You have a pretty great and unique game there too. At least for me I am always willing to pay for premium games as long as they have quality and within a reasonable asking price. Imo it does not mean being mobile games even thou premium means they have to be just between $1-5 thou I know there are people out there that might think likewise. But remember that you can't please everyone out there. Like for me thou I am willing to pay For premium games. But I usually refuse to even pay a dollar to freemium stuffs. That's just me.

13. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Lol dude your argument is completely off. Handheld is different then mobile. 3DS/Vita, and mobile games are different categories. In general, handheld is more quality then mobile and there's not a vast majority of free to play crap, clones and just shit games where there is for mobile.

14. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    #14 kopicha, Jul 5, 2015
    Well it is not off at all especially in today's gaming space. When you go out there looking at someone trying to choose a mobile gaming platform, besides android and iOS, 3DS and Vita would come into picture too. Success of those platforms can also be directly affected by iOS / android devices. There are more free to play craps on android / iOS is also partially due to an easer to penetrate market due to install base. Not everyone has a 3DS or Vita. But almost everyone has at least a smart device. If 3DS and Vita has the similar level of install base like iOS and android combine. I can almost guarantee you that you will see the same amount of bullshit freemium craps there too. Your argument is like saying PC and consoles are different category when it comes to gaming. Which again they are just exactly like the case of android / iOS vs 3DS / Vita. apart from dedicated physical on control on smart devices which can be overcome by a separate game pad, today's mobile devices are more than capable to produce games with quality of those found on 3DS / Vita. Also there are games that's exactly like your so called "mobile games" on 3DS / Vita too. Let's be honest, no matter how those so called mobile gamers including yourself think how different you are, they still crave for console quality. Do a search on forum you are likely gonna find thousands of post with that word being use be it from dev or the gamers themselves. It's delusional To deny that.

15. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    This game is most definately worth full asking price. Best tbs I've played in ages, maybe ever. Refreshingly fun, clever and well worth your time.