The Curse - A Puzzle Game With a Bit of Story (Toy Studio and Mojo Bones)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ToySoldier, Aug 14, 2012.

1. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Hi TouchArcade!

We've partnered with the awesome guys at Mojo Bones to bring a new puzzle game to iOS called The Curse

[​IMG]

When you open the app, you are really opening a book. Inside this book is a terrible curse that gets unleashed thanks to your adversary, Mannequin.

The Mannequin is smart. Really smart. He's also evil, so that doesn't help matters. However, he will give you a sportting chance to defeat him since he believes that you can't win. He likes to see people squirm, it's part of being evil I guess. So, if you can beat all 100 puzzles, you'll seal him back in the book.

You can get a glimpse of him in the gameplay trailer.

All puzzles are unlocked from the beginning. You can complete them in any order you want. There isn't a linear path to go. Just beat the puzzles, beat Mannequin, save the day. Sounds simple, but the puzzles are quite difficult! You'll be solving riddles, pressing buttons in the correct sequence and sliding blocks to win.

When we had a demo running at TechWeek in Chicago, people said they were getting Professor Layton and Eternal Darkness vibes from some of the interaction with Mannequin.

The game is under review right now so we're anticipating it being available really soon. In the meantime, if you have any questions I'm down to answering as much as I can!

Before I wrap up the post, here is a screenshot of one of the puzzle styles (more can be found in the write up on the main TouchArcade page)
    [​IMG]

2. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Looks interesting. I like the fact you can pick up and play if you have 5 minutes to spare

3. ToySoldier

ToySoldier Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Thanks! We really wanted people to be playing quick bursts while still have some goal that is part of the larger game.

4. MojoBonesLtd

MojoBonesLtd Well-Known Member

Hi everyone. The Mojo Bones team here.

Just wanted to drop in and let people know that The Curse is going to be live on the App Store this Thursday (23rd). We've been working on The Curse for a long time and it feels great to be so close to release.

It's a universal app, and us and the good folk at Toy Studio are really looking forward to seeing if anyone actually manages to defeat the Mannequin and shake the curse.

Throw any questions our way and we'll do our best to answer them. No spoilers though ;)

Thanks for your support and have fun...

Mojo Bones.

5. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    How big will the game be as I am away this week and have no wifi?

6. MojoBonesLtd

MojoBonesLtd Well-Known Member

Hey Pepper,

We've kept the download to under 50meg so you shouldn't need wi-fi. It's also worth mentioning that the game features full voiceover for all cutscenes and we have a unique soundtrack featuring over 10 tracks.

Hope that helps.

7. Pepper2427

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    Sweet :D