Universal Tennis Champs Returns (by Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 17, 2016.

1. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Man you'd be my favourite dev if you do it ^^ you're already in my top 3

2. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    Is there cloud support for this game?

3. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Yes, for each one you pass, you get a half star on one of the relevant abilities..

4. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    iCloud synch in Next update..

5. Vanillawillis

Vanillawillis New Member

Feb 20, 2016
    Don't hate me for not wanting the vip, but I just don't really like paying for apps. So is there any way to earn coins besides the videos and daily challenge?

And do the videos ever return?

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    You get them each time your XP bar levels up in career matches. Going to reinstate some XP gain for single matches played using your career player in next update too

Don't understand the 2nd question? There are forced video ad watches after a week of play if not a VIP.

7. furion00

furion00 Member

Apr 1, 2015
    I really love this game but it seems that the controls are holding me back. I'm in year 3 now and I can barely get to 2nd round in 100 pts tournaments. My winrate is like 5%. It's just so hard. Maybe you can change it so that I don't have to release shot button to hit the ball? Like i can hold the button and slide up/down and then just release it whenever and the player auto hit the ball when it comes based on my early input. Or something, idk. It is just so hard with all the timing, the direction, like you have to run to the ball and then direct your shot on the same dpad with so little time. It is just extremely hard on a small phone screen. Maybe keep this mode for hardcore gamers but somehow make it a little bit easier for casual ones?

Again great great game, i have not felt so emotional with a game for a while. Thank you for all your efforts!

8. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Great first post! :)

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    A more casual, AI assisted control method will come towards the summer.
    I wanted the initial launch to be more hardcore as a tribute to the original, and to be a game for more experienced, old school gamers first.

The next update is going to have a dynamic difficulty adjustment, which should help a load of people get more results when playing too.

10. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    MFi controller support is there and it works fine. :)
    There is a little bug (slow serve doesn't work), but this doesn't limit you.

11. KoOne23

KoOne23 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hey, popping by to say that I'm really enjoying the game so far! Though I would like give my opinions on a few stuffs I find particularly frustrating when playing the game.

As I'm playing on my iPad, the two 'action buttons' on the bottom right are not really in an ideal position. In the beginning it was fine as all I did was just holding and clicking but when I got the hang top spin, after pulling up I tend to lose position of the two buttons and as I would be focusing on the big screen in front I frequently miss the button on my subsequent click. I'm hoping that an option to customize your own controls would be great, so I can move the action buttons around to fit my grip.

It is getting very very tough to win opponents now, especially when my player isn't as quick as most of them although I maxed out my speed. Still doesn't seem to be as quick as the opponent. Feels clunky. At first I didn't know training helped to improve my stats and I missed out on quite a lot. But now I've managed to get a few trainings in, to level ~7 but the movement training is ridiculously hard to pass even level 5. As such my rating didn't improve a lot, which makes matches relatively harder and frustrating.

A final detail I would like to point out, which is the kick serve. I might have missed out some 'help' or notes earlier but I can't seem to serve a kick serve to the far end of the court. Whenever I do a kick serve, the ball will be land closer to me than what was indicated on the court, so I can never reach the far end of the court with a kick serve. Is there a trick I'm missing out on? In fact, I can't even reach a normal serve to the far end of the court without doing that throw up serve by pulling down the button. Hence, I can't complete the advanced kick serves tutorial without reaching the far end as well as the level 9 training requiring kick serve. Another frustration.

All in all, it's a very fun game, very addictive but very tough and frustrating at the same time. sigh.

12. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Elton, how about a very hard mode?
    Maybe a not-so-long story mode, with a very strong final boss (something like the last opponent in Super Tennis). :)

13. urban083

urban083 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    First dollar I've spent in the App Store since wayward souls originally came out. I would never have shown interest in this without TA but my god is this addicting.

14. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Would like to add a linear set of challenge matches with a final boss. Was actually kind of in at one point, before I had the full career.
    (I nearly launched TCR 3 different times, over the last 2 yeas. But now I'm glad I held off and got it to where it is now)

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    @KoOne23

A controller config screen is in the works so can put the buttons where its most natural. Might not be next update as there are a few higher priorities I'd like to get done and out, but the one after for sure)
    I'll check the kick serve minigame.. I didn't think it ever asked you to hit a far target in that one, but it is possible to get it quite far up if you time it right.
    Lower opponents never increase their speed. But code that slows them down wears off as you win. They use the same system as your player so cannot be quicker (only react faster) than a maxed out player, unless your player is tired.

16. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I love this game more I play more that I feel that I improved but if I play bad I feel it more me than actual game which is fantastic. Also was going to ask about ssc 16 but didn't know if I should as I loved ssc 14 :)

17. Cyl

Cyl Active Member

Nov 15, 2013
    France
    Just bought vip. It's like meeting again an old friend after a long long time and have a beer with him :)
    Thank you very much Elton, I wish there was more developpers with such a commitment in video games.

PS : just posted another 5 stars advice on the french appstore :)

18. Samulaan

Samulaan Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Bali
    This game is beast, Bought the VIP after one match, it's just awesome. Would love to see a Belgian flag in there though not necessarily.

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

hey Elton, could you make an option to chose difficulty? i would like to still playing the actual one, it is hard and keep the spirit of the original, i don't like the "easy way"