Universal Swing King and the Temple of Bling

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kythg, Oct 19, 2016.

1. kythg

kythg Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Game Designer
    London
    #21 kythg, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    It’s been a little while since we updated so I thought I’d show you guys this close call in Swing King from a new eel like enemy (very much inspired by my memories of the Mario 64 underwater level eels, those things used to creep me out).

We’re going to be showing the game off at the WeGeek event next week on November 30th so definitely drop by if you’re around Spitalfields, London around then! We’ll be taking sign ups for the Swing King beta at the event and on here soon.

[​IMG]

2. kythg

kythg Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Game Designer
    London
  3. kythg

kythg Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Game Designer
    London
    Hey Everyone,

We've been a little quiet recently, apologies on that end we've just had a lot of stuff going on!

We made a clean graphic for Swing King promo art, it was really exciting to see the game manifest in a vector art style actually, and something to definitely consider for future projects.

[​IMG]

We are currently looking for iOS beta testers and it would be amazing if you guys could give us a hand here! You can sign up on our website here: http://www.shed-works.co.uk/Swing-King-Beta

4. kythg

kythg Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Game Designer
    London
    Juice! We’ve added a whole bunch of juicy bits to Swing King this week. We’ve been working on finishing up the game, as we expect to ramp up to release very, very soon. We will confirm launch dates very soon too. So, some juicy bits we’ve added.

- Butterflies now fly away from Mumbles when he gets close

- Directional screen movement on bouncing and smoother animation work

[​IMG]

- Directional screen movement on pole grabbing

[​IMG]

It’s all pretty simple stuff but the details really add up to make the game feel so, so much better. You can try the new additions by signing up to our iOS beta right now at : http://www.shed-works.co.uk/Swing-King-Beta

5. kythg

kythg Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Game Designer
    London
  6. kythg

kythg Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Game Designer
    London
    Okay, we're ramping up for release now! Everything submitted and approved by Apple *wipes nervous sweat off brow* so fingers crossed for launch next week.

Check out our launch trailer here! You can see a lot of the new 'juice' we've added in recent weeks, which hasn't really been present in previous footage.

7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Looking great gonna play next week for sure, good luck with your launch, I say this to any Dev. which launches a game that I like so good Swinging ha ha.

8. kythg

kythg Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Game Designer
    London
    Much appreciated Roger! Thanks for your support and for beta testing for us, it was very useful!

9. kythg

kythg Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Game Designer
    London
    I wrote a little thing for Gamasutra I thought might interest some people here. It's about why developers should build custom hardware for their mobile games. It includes the custom hardware we made for Swing King when showing it at events and I think there's a good amount to learn from it :

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/GregoriosKythreotis/20170626/299924/Why_You_Should_Build_Custom_Hardware_For_Your_Mobile_Game.php

In short :
    It’s a fun thing to do!
    It makes games more accessible to people at events.
    It can help to quickly communicate controls to players.
    It helps games stand out in a crowded event.
    It looks cool and is a memorable experience.