Steelseries Stratus does not seem to work with iOS10

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nonstickron, Sep 16, 2016.

1. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    tried everything but no luck. luckily i already have nimbus on hand which work perfectly on my 7+.

2. McAlsop

McAlsop Member

Jan 24, 2009
    After iOS 10.1 it's been working perfectly fine for me. I am using the newest iPad mini and iPhone 7. Maybe there are issues with earlier iDevices. If you're sure you have at least 10.1 installed, I would try "forgetting" all your Bluetooth devices from your iDevice. Hard reboot. Verify all Bluetooth devices are still forgotten upon restart (if not, forget and reboot until they are). Then reset your Stratus pairing history using the instructions from the manual and re-pair it:
    I just did this on my iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2 and it's working fine.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Emailed the SteelSeries people who I've worked with in the past with the controller reviews I've done, hopefully will get a better answer than we've gotten from support. It makes no sense how this thing works fine for some people and not at all for others.

5. Darkcheney

Darkcheney Member

May 24, 2013
    Works Great on Original but Not XL

I installed the update just a few minutes ago and my Steelseries Stratus started working again perfectly. Thanks Steelseries! I also have a Stratus XL and, unfortunately, this update doesn't address the XL's incompatibility with IOS 10. Here's hoping they release an update for the XL, as well.

6. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Just bought a stratus after seeing the post about the firmware update. Still nothing for me. It immediately disconnects after about 10 seconds. I've tried everything.

7. Ajburns

Ajburns New Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I got mine working again. This is what I Did.

1. Go to the steel serius website
    2. click downloads
    3. download stratus firmware update tool under firmware updates.
    4.Follow steps in installer
    5. congrats

8. guttaperk

guttaperk Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Is Bluetooth lag a problem after update?