Universal Stardew Valley (by ConcernedApe / Chucklefish)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nyanpass, Oct 23, 2018.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    * New Update - ver 1.01
    Welcome to Stardew Valley!
    Day 1 fixes - fixes bugs found on first day including:
    Getting stuck on Blacksmith menu
    Fix to combat joystick (non auto attack) control

+ New Trailer

TheSilveryWolf likes this.
  2. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    84101B19-AAF5-4D87-BB93-ACE1FACA4468.jpeg number 1 on the top charts nice :D

TheSilveryWolf likes this.
  3. NyxKiria

NyxKiria Active Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Male
    There is a day/night cycle so you need to go to bed when it gets late. if you dont you will pass out and wake up in bed.

You can skip time/save whenever you want

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i was excited about this "joystick control" only to find out, it is still tap to move, with the option to aim where you are attacking instead of moving. How hard can it be in almost 2019 to get optional Vstick controls on top down games?
    Wayward Souls did it. Even Don't Starve added it later. In PS4, all the computer RPGs like Pillars adapted to stick controls and they work beautifully. On the other hand, Crashlands and Cat Quest outright refused it. It it so big a deal? I don't want my hand and finger all over the screen every half a second...

pathogen541, houseofg and raravan like this.
  5. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    #85 raravan, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    true story mate. but i think that the devs are already working on it.

TheSilveryWolf and Ijipop like this.
  6. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  7. daan_vb

daan_vb Member

May 1, 2013
    Anyone know how to add the bait to your fishing rod?

8. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    OK, I have a problem. Every time I 'exit to title' it does not save my game. Isn't that the way it's supposed to save? If I load the game it starts over. Thanks.

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    you must go to sleep in order to save the game.

10. Claurence

Claurence Member

Jun 18, 2018
    As of right now, there’s no autosave feature or any way to resume midday if you close the app. If you exit to title, you’ll have to restart the day :(

11. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Outside of the mine, having auto-attack off is buggy. Sometimes you will not go where you want to go. Sometimes tapping in a direction doesn’t register. So I’ll probably stick with auto-attack, though sitting there and swinging as the slime gets ready to dash forward for four seconds isn’t that fun.

And the joystick was added really quickly so I suspected that there wouldn’t be a d-pad for movement as well. It’s still finicky, and since the rest of the game (so far) is flawless, it feels even more irritating. So close to being perfect. So close.

I’m being picky because I love this game to death.

12. TheSilveryWolf

TheSilveryWolf Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2015
    You have to leave your app on when you turn off your phone or go to sleep in the game.

13. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    .02 (26 October 2018)
    • Can now play music/podcasts etc in the background
    • Tap & Hold movement now allows you to exit the side of the screen
    • Left and Right orientations supported on iPhones
    • Vibration support in fishing on supported devices (Toggle on via options page)
    • Easier to mount/dismount horse
    Bug Fixes:
    • (Fixed) Crash when upgrading building for some PC import saves
    • (Fixed) Crash on start of combat for some PC import saves
    • (Fixed) Crash on imported PC saves in Journal

Ijipop and raravan like this.
  14. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  15. Nirakk

Nirakk Active Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Go to your inventory, click the bait and hold, then slide it to your rod (You can't add bait to the first, free rod though).

16. allsopj84

allsopj84 Active Member

Jun 13, 2018
    Male
    Would this work if you were to buy a new iPhone and set it up as a new phone instead of restoring as a backup. Would the save file still be in the cloud drive?

17. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    #97 davidovich, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    I’m only a few hours in and comparing it to the Switch version, there are a few things I really like. I love how when you tap a spot to walk towards, the character will maneuver around objects to get to the place you tapped. I’ve never seen that in a touch-based game before. Auto switching while using the different farming tools works really well too. I haven’t gone too far down into the mine, but combat with auto attack hasn’t caused me any issues. I’m sure I’ll struggle a bit at some point, based on what others have said about battling multiple enemies at once. Anyway, the only small gripe I have this far into the game is some of the text seems chopped off on the iPhone version. I’m using an iPhone 8 and when I get a “new record,” it’s too far above the screen to see it. Small annoyance for a game that plays so well on iOS devices. Just thought I’d chime in after leaving the same comments on the App Store.

18. bluspacecow

bluspacecow Well-Known Member

May 3, 2012
    This took me a while but -

To equip wearable items aka rings ,hats and shoes you need to tap the item then tap the slot it is going into.

19. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Hey, everyone. Just wanted to ask a question. Perhaps one of you knows the answer. Is there a way to switch items from the second or even third row to the top row without having to open the backpack after it's been upgraded? The reason I'm asking is, it seems time consuming to have to move items from the bottom to the top in order to use them from the sidebar. On the Switch version, you can press "L" or "R" to switch between rows and I thought there was a way to do that here that I'm not aware of. I hope I've explained myself well. Also, has anyone noticed that if you add padding to the sidebar, save the game and close the app, those settings aren't saved, or is it just me? Thanks.

20. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Just wanted to chime in in case the dev needs another person requesting this but uh......can a guy get a virtual joystick/button set up? This touch to move stuff, while it does get the job done, ends up causing me to block the screen and miss a vast majority of the action. The combat controls are far more egregious tho. I know that isn't a central theme of the game, combat and all that, but I do know it is part of it and as it stands right now its just really cumbersome. Hard to imagine playing this way deep into the mines...

OTHERWISE, flawless. Perfect victory.