Space Chicks - Amazing Endless Platformer Launches Nov. 21

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SpaceChicksTeam, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Nice. Just saw that trailer for first time. Love the physics aspects (manipulating rocks, crushing enemies with asteriods), seems like a lot of depth for a "simple" one button game. Yet another game to add to my ever-growing wishlist :)

So can you give any hints on other physics puzzle aspects in the game?

2. Why do we have to be small?

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    you mean the size of the character in game?

4. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Cool, must have! Its free or paid?

5. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    can we expect it soon?

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    looking at October, and it will be 99c.

7. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

99c for iPhone and iPad version?

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Universal, yep.

9. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Look forward to getting it.

10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    the game was submitted! :D will have a new trailer sometime soon.

11. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    so this week? or next?

12. SpaceChicksTeam

SpaceChicksTeam Active Member

Oct 9, 2012
    #32 SpaceChicksTeam, Oct 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    Hello everyone,

Sorry for the huge delay on our replies, although I must say it's been for the best reasons possible!

Space Chicks is now finished and submitted as JoshCM said. We're releasing it with CrescentMoon Games!

We really tried to make this game as good as we could and to be honest we're all very proud of what we've accomplished with it! We hope you love it just as much as we do!

Be sure to check Touch Arcade's Hands-On Preview on Space-Chicks, which reveals some new secret details we've been holding for a long time now!

http://toucharcade.com/2013/10/28/hands-on-with-space-chicks-one-touch-endless-platforming/

Thank you very much!!

13. Coolness, so I assume this means it will release soon right? Looking forward to this game!

14. Cynuyt

Cynuyt Well-Known Member

Great, nice artwork and music. Waiting...

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    it will be out on November 21st!

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Here's some promo art before the game comes out next week - should have a trailer finished up soon!

I don't think I can really describe how much I like this game - its one of CM's most polished, without a doubt.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Been watching and waiting for this for a very very long time. Glad its polished and ready to be on my device very soon!! Oh and also glad its being published by one of my favorite publishers!

18. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #38 redribbon, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    so i just got lucky to get this game earlier(thanks josh). i always love the endless runner type of game but only with good graphics and great mechanics of gameplay. if you understand what i mean, it means that only a few games(endless runner) on the appstore that can get my attention. ok so here is my initial experience with space chicks -+ 2hours on and off. :
    1. the graphics first(since graphics is my main factor in gaming) : i love the simple graphics, simple character model, and some of the sprites effect (like burst of steam from planet, bomb, etc) i find it quite good. yes its good enough to keep me enjoying the game more.

2. the gameplay. can i say that this is unprecedented gameplay? i never find one like this before. i mean yes this is the endless runner type of game, but the dev made more improvement and fresh idea that they put into this game(save the girl, jump into the rocket,etc). but i can feel that some of them are inspired from other.

3. the sound : actually sound effects are not my main attention to games, in fact it sits at the bottom of my list. so nothing much to say about here. its not as catchy as angry birds jingle :p but it fits the game well.

thats all from me now, i find that this game will be a huge hit like jetpack, monster dash but the dev needs to keep adding more feature, more items so player can keep coming to play this game. my biggest gripes perhaps , i feel that this game is quite hard, not just your average endless runner.

ps. main menu are adorable :D

19. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Unprecedented gameplay? Thanks! Glad you like it. I think the music is very catchy - has the 50s comic book outer space feel.

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Is there a price point?