Universal Smarter Than You (by EightyEight Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Huh Wut

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Come on Kat, you know I meant I hope they ADD a hotfix. Darn auto correct.

3. KineticBlur

KineticBlur Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2014
    So apparently there's a limit of having only 5 games active at a time. Aaaaaaand all 5 people are apparently logged out! What a sore disappointment / oversight.

4. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    #64 Qw3rTYz, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
    ok so I figured it out you can delete opponents through game center by selecting "turns"

5. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    But you are not on ios8 are you.. that could be the reason

6. collasta

collasta Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2014
    I just hit level 5, I won an extra game slot. Now we get to try and interpret why the dev did games the way they are. I think not quitting fits with the relying on others aspect of the game found strongly in tipping.

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    No I'm on 7, I checked the app info before dloading and don't recall it being ios 8 only, I could be wrong though and if that's the case then that's my mistake.

If it was being on ios 7 causing the crashing though I'd have thought i would have had problems straight away instead of only yesterday. I have a feeling it might be gamecentre itself which caused my problems. I dunno.

I wasn't slating the game, just didn't want people who I am currently in a match with getting pissed off with waiting.

Edited to add, just checked and it's ios 7 that's required.

8. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    'Twas a good typo though.

I once had "ask me, changed to "ass me"

Very embarrassing.

9. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I spoke too soon, first few tries worked fine but now I'm getting an error from gamecentre saying unable to submit please try later.... I wanna kick Lazer kats arse.

There's no option to ga back to previous page so I'm just gonna have to close app.

Attached Files:

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    10000000 was great but this... not so much. Very simplistic gameplay which I found uninteresting quickly.

11. Qw3rTYz

Qw3rTYz Active Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Actually I meant that being on ios8 could cause problems since some people (including me) were having issues with wifi. Reinstalling and rebooting might help. And as I mentioned before, you can delete inactive opponents in gamecenter itself.

12. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Ahhh I see, sorry, I thought you meant being on 7 was what's causing my crashing. Will try the reinstall now.

13. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Really enjoying this more now.

There is just enough strategy tht means you have to think about your choice. I would like to know what your starting HP is though - mind you could probably work it out! Anyone know if it increases with levels?

Anyone unlocked stats? I have had colours twice, 3 extra slots, and just now flags.

Also I have 7/14 flakes, how is everyone else doing?

14. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

15. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Does anyone know the trick to getting the game to start? When I turn the app on, it pops with with a screen that says Connect to Game Center. Nothing else, no matter how long I wait. So I click that link, and it opens up the Game Center App. Aaaaand then nothing. Then I go back to the game, and it says Connect to Game Center. Rinse repeat.

I don't get it. I've deleted and reinstalled 3 times now.

16. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    #76 Lazer Kat, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    I love the game, but it's fundamentally flawed in too many ways to deserve a 5/5, imo.

Just in this thread alone there are countless problems mentioned. I'm not talking about opinions, and people who just don't like the game, I'm talking about serious issues the game has.

17. MadMad118

MadMad118 New Member

Aug 15, 2014
    I love this game, the only thing I would add is a timer for responding tothe game (there has been an opponent on my battle feed for over 2 days now!)

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Opinions on video games differ. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19. Lazer Kat

Sep 29, 2013
    You're right. Opinions differ, but when a game has serious issues that cause a broken experience - that isn't really subjective.

20. collasta

collasta Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2014
    Just unlocked stats!

I have unlocked two game slots, colors, and flags before this.

Attached Files: