Universal Siralim 3 (Monster Taming RPG) (by Thylacine Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 19, 2018.

1. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    honestly, im so much more stoked for this game than I should be.... so far ive just beaten the boss on realm 6 and Im grinding XP for realm 7 cuz.....im getting my d*** kicked. So far, im trying to figure out what triggers what: IE, I have an Imp Hexer that allows ALL my monsters to cast Shellburst for 0 mana.... however when my Hexer casts it, it casts on two targets, the one I selected and another rando..... Im LOVING this game. Im glad I impulsively purchased on a whim.... sitting here in my office hoping clients no-show so I can squeeze in a few more battles. #employeeoftheyear

curtisrshideler likes this.
  2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Awesome!

Small note: I thought I read 3 was getting the limited run. I now see it is 2... which I have yet to play! So, good news all around.

3. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    FYI anyone else just starting, I read that you can’t use the Halloween code until you unlock breeding. That’s when you’ll meet Blanch. And that will be at depth 17 I think. I usually like to grind and over level, but since I want to get there quick, I may push on!

Dailon80 likes this.
  4. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    That’s what I want to know too
    I have a couple different ones going
    One for death mage and one for chaos mage
    Okay I see depth 17
    Cool
    I was doing the same and grinding

5. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I’ve found Frankenfluff, and got some goodies! Man, I really love the dialogue. Now that it’s Halloween, I’ve changed my title to the new one, but I’m not sure how to change my wardrobe costume. I don’t see that option in the menus. Have you found that yet?

Dailon80 likes this.
  6. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    You'll unlock the tailor after you obtain enough favor with Torun (Jungle). The costume unlock is permanent though, so now that you have it, you can unlock the tailor at your leisure.

Dailon80 likes this.
  7. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Dailon80 likes this.
  8. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    OKAY, so here is a GOT DANG question....whats a dude gotta do for some 8-bit SFX? HMMM? You got this dragon warrior vibe going on, but these Windows-95 ass sfx!! TRYNA CAPTURE MONSTERS, NOT CAPTURE LOG IN SOUNDS FROM MY DEVELOPMENTAL YEARS...

in-short: The sfx and music are great, I think it would be cool tho if it was more 8-bit, however this is probably more of just a preference on my part than a "complaint".... because I have nothing to complain about. I just like dem NES EFFECTS BOIIIII!!! Tryna hear dem "beep-boops" and "fwooooshes" wit dat 8-bit flair if you NAH'M SAYIN!!!!????

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    So if you are playing say as a death mage for example would you want all your creatures to be death too
    I’ve been wrestling with that idea
    Presently I’m chaos and all my monsters I have on my team are chaos if not I leave them behind so I’m wondering if that’s what I should do. I did get an item that allowed me to change a monster to chaos

10. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I find it’s best to have a spread of creature types mainly to utilise the different spell gems you find, though the lone wolf, solo Ugat, nature mage I’m running and have just beaten the last realm with (fight of the Gods), can use any spell gem (Can’t quite remember how this happened)
    I think if you stick with all the same creature class also that you run the risk of more counters to your team, which does happen more and more frequently the deeper you get.

Dailon80 likes this.
  11. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    It seems like I can’t equip any spell gems to creatures that don’t match my type ie chaos in this playthrough
    How then do I get gems from the other mage classes?
    My RPG instincts were saying spread it out so that does make sense

Pagan Fox likes this.
  12. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    To be honest I farmed Zontes realm early on, realm 4, 5 & 6, to get AoE spell gems and then depending on the class of said gems I’d then load up my team with a spread of creatures to be able to use the gems.
    My latest sorcery team has 2 sorcery creatures, 2 life, 1 chaos and 1nature.
    The best gem i farmed was snowstorm which is equipped to my imp hexer (nature), and another AoE on my spider occultist (sorcery) called mind storm.
    It really is all about those spell gems and don’t forget you can fine tune the properties of these gems at the arcane vault to make them even more powerful.

Dailon80 likes this.
  13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks! This game is great
    Enjoying it a lot

14. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Another patch is on the way! Should be out by tomorrow.

Patch notes:
    - ADD: You can now specify "No Realms" in Casual John's difficulty menu. This will help you disable and re-enable the options more easily.
    - ADD: Option to "Gameplay" menu that allows you to determine where you want to move at double speed: Everywhere, Nowhere, Only Realms, or Only Castle.
    - ADD: Option to "Controls" menu to use a directional pad instead of a joystick. You can also specify for a d-pad to be used only for menus, and a joystick for movement.
    - CHANGE: You can no longer use Pandemonium Tokens if you're very close (within a tile or two) to a Teleportation Shrine. This prevents a few different bugs from occurring.
    - CHANGE: Nerlyx's "Evil Eye" trait now displays text in a brighter color, and the dialog has been shortened to make it easier to tell which creature is targeted.
    - FIX: Halloween creatures were supposed to give you instant Rank S knowledge about them, but this wasn't always the case for some players. This fix is retroactive.
    - FIX: Artifact art will no longer be drawn in the "Pending" category.
    - FIX: Non-artifact item icons were randomly enlarged and drawn in inventory descriptions.
    - FIX: Event information (such as Halloween) will now only be shown once per game session.
    - FIX: Transmutation interface will no longer sometimes close after transmuting materials.
    - FIX: Turning off the battle music sometimes caused some minor audio issues after event battles.

CrayonWarrior and mache like this.
  15. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Wow this is a nice surprise. I’m a huge fan of the series, so instapurchase for me. I’m more excited about this than the diablo mobile announcement. Congrats on the release, Thylacine

16. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Good to hear from you again! I remember you from all the way back to the Siralim 1 days.

And yeah, Diablo can't come quickly enough for me. I can't wait.

17. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    If you click A where you select directional pad instead of using joystick you get this and you cant get out without closing game unless im missing something

Attached Files:

raravan likes this.
  18. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    same thing for me.

19. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Yeah, you have to tap B and it will save your setting. Don’t tap A or the game freezes.

20. Ag3ntP3ndergast

Ag3ntP3ndergast Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Could someone please point out exactly what Siralim 3 has that Siralim 2 doesn’t? Other than more monsters?

Thanks in advance :)

(there are so many good games out that my budget needs some justification lol)

raravan likes this.