Siralim 3 is officially released on Steam! + Mobile ver?!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nyanpass, Oct 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Siralim 3 is officially released on Steam!
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/841770/Siralim_3/

[​IMG]

The day has finally arrived!
    Siralim 3 has left Early Access and is now fully available on Steam. :)

"Siralim 3 is a mechanically deep, monster taming RPG. Summon and customize over 700 different creatures to fight for you as you battle your way through randomly generated dungeons. Find rare treasure and use it to craft new items, empower your creatures, learn new spells, and much more."

[​IMG]

The King of Siralim, tainted by an unknown force, has brought war to the lands of Rodia, capturing all of the country's kingdoms and slaughtering their people in the process. Now, only one kingdom remains that can stand against this unlikely adversary: Nex. As the king (or queen) of Nex, it is your job to fight back against Siralim's tyranny and return peace to Rodia once more.

[​IMG]

If you're in a hurry, we've written a short list of features Siralim 3 has to offer. You can read about each feature in more detail by scrolling down past this list.

• Collect and breed over 700 different creatures to fight for you.
    • Explore randomly generated dungeons with 15 unique tilesets.
    • Craft artifacts and spell gems to equip your creatures for battle.
    • Infinite playability - there's not even a level cap. New features are introduced well-beyond the 100-hour mark. You'll never run out of things to do!
    • Rich end-game content, including Itherian Realms, super-bosses, arena battles, and much more!
    • Asynchronous player-versus-player battles. If you win, you'll earn exclusive items!
    • Content updates and patches are planned to add even more content to the game post-launch!
    • Take part in our community, contribute your suggestions, and let's create the ultimate monster taming game together!

[​IMG]

Your primary goal in this game is to collect creatures to fight for you. There are over 700 in total, and each one has a unique trait that improves its abilities in battle.

You can acquire new creatures either by finding them in the wild, or by breeding two of your own creatures to make them lay an egg. For example, you can create a Gula Sin by breeding together a Wyvern Sonicscreecher and an Aaxer Apocalypse.

Keep your eyes open for ultra-rare "Singular" creatures, which are creatures that have a unique color scheme compared to their normal counterparts.

Each creature also has its own lore that you can read about in the library. In total, our creature lore contains more than 55,000 words. That's the size of a novel!

[​IMG]

Take your creatures into randomly generated dungeons called "Realms". There, you'll fight against enemies that can be killed to increase your creatures' experience points, as well as drop resources and items that you can use to further improve your party.

There are 15 different tilesets for Realms, and each Realm offers exclusive creatures, quests, events, and much more.

[​IMG]

Your creatures can equip items called Spell Gems, which allow them to cast the spells contained in these gems. You can enchant these Spell Gems to add new properties to them which change the way the spell works. For example, you can customize the type of damage the spell does, or cause the spell to activate an additional effect after a creature casts it.

There are over 300 Spell Gems to find in the game, and over 20 properties that you can add to each spell. The possibilities are endless!

[​IMG]

Each of your creatures can also equip an Artifact. Artifacts are items that grant the equipped creature a wide array of bonuses. These bonuses range anywhere from a simple boost to their attacks, all the way to granting them new traits and spells.

Artifacts have randomly generated properties, but you can also utilize over 1000 different crafting materials to add, remove, or modify these properties. Different creatures work better with different properties, so you'll need to experiment to figure out what works best for your team!

[​IMG]

There's an insane amount of rare items and accomplishments to collect. Here's a brief list... and believe it or not, this doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

• Cards - these rare items have a small chance to drop from enemies after you defeat them. They grant bonuses to you and your creatures just by having them in your inventory. It will take a long time to find all of the 700+ cards in the game!
    • Talismans - these work a lot like Cards in that they provide you with passive bonuses. However, by completing certain end-game content, you can upgrade your Talismans to improve the bonus and even unlock new powers!
    • Favor - There are 15 gods in the game, and you can increase your favor with each one. As you do so, you'll unlock new game features, creatures, items, and more!
    • Knowledge - the more you defeat a certain creature, the more knowledgeable you'll become about it, which unlocks new bonuses when you're fighting against that creature. Eventually, you'll be able to see a creature's health/mana bars in battle, view their lore in the library, deal additional damage to them, gain more experience points and resources by defeating them, and increase their chance to drop their Card.
    • Singular Creatures - each creature in the game has a "Singular" counterpart. Singular Creatures are extremely difficult to find and have a unique color palette.
    • Achievements - the game has hundreds of achievements for you to collect. When you earn an achievement, you'll gain some Achievement Points which improve the quality and quantity of loot you'll find during your travels.
    • Wardrobe and Titles - you can unlock new costumes for your character to wear (such as a chef's uniform), as well as titles that change your name (so you might go from being called "King James" to "James the Drunk"). Wardrobes and titles can be seen by other players when you participate in asynchronous player-versus-player battles.

[​IMG]

Don't you hate when a good game comes to an end? We do too. That's why Siralim 3 never truly ends.

There's not even a level cap. You can continue leveling your character and creatures forever, all while still finding new challenges waiting for you just around the corner. We've crafted every game mechanic around players who want to someday accumulate hundreds, if not thousands of hours of playtime.

[​IMG]

Completing the game's main story quests is just the beginning. After that, you'll unlock countless new systems to keep you entertained for hundreds of hours to come.

Here's a brief list of some of the game's end-game content, but again, there's so much more to this game than we can possibly write here.

• Itherian Realms - these work like normal Realms (as we described earlier), except these have randomly generated properties that change the way the enemies or even the Realm itself behaves. You can acquire and upgrade Talismans in Itherian Realms in order to bolster your party. You can even find the elusive Itherian Creatures here, which are rare creatures that have unique traits you won't find anywhere else.
    • Tavern Brawls - fight against other players' creatures in asynchronous player-versus-player combat. You can earn exclusive Spell Gems, creatures, and other items if you win!
    • End-Game Quests - a never-ending supply of quests and missions for you to complete long after you experience the main storyline quests.
    • Super Bosses - we can't spoil what these are or how they work here, but rest assured that you'll face plenty of grueling challenges by fighting these bosses... and you'll be handsomely rewarded if you manage to win.
    • Arena - draft a team of creatures and see how many enemies you can take down before your party is wiped out.
    • More is on the way! We're committed to bringing content updates that include tons of awesome, end-game content after the game launches.

[​IMG]

Q: Do I need to play Siralim or Siralim 2 before playing Siralim 3? Are the stories related in any way?
      A: Siralim 3 is a completely standalone game, and for that reason, you should have no problems playing it without playing the other games first. While the stories in Siralim 2 and 3 are intertwined, they can still be enjoyed independently. In short, there's something for new and old players alike!

Q: What's new from Siralim 2?
      A: We already listed most of the new features elsewhere on this page, but if you're looking for a more concise list, check out the FAQ on our website!

Q: What platforms is Siralim 3 available on?
      A: It is currently available on Steam(PC/Mac/Linux), and it will eventually make its way to Android, iOS, Playstation 4, and possibly Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. We'll release the game in the following order: PC, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, PlayStation 4, Xbox/Switch. We do not have any ETAs on release dates for any of these platforms, but we will make an announcement when we do.

ctathemarius likes this.
  2. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    After 4 months of Early Access, we’re proud to announce that Siralim 3 will be fully released on Steam on October 15, 2018! Huge thanks to everyone who contributed feedback and submitted bug reports during Early Access.

[​IMG]

FAQs

Q. Will my save files carry over to the full release?
    A. Yes. You won’t lose any progress at all.

Q. Will there be any more updates to the game before Early Access ends?
    A. Yes, there will be at least one more patch to fix some minor bugs, and more importantly, to optimize the game to make it run more smoothly for players who have very large save files.

Q. What about post-launch updates? Will there be more patches? More content?
    A. Of course! We have big plans for post-launch content updates. We’ll announce more details later on.

Q. Will you ever add Steam trading cards, backgrounds, emoticons, etc?
    A. Yes, they’re already prepared and submitted, but Steam won’t accept them until the game is out of Early Access. You’ll be awarded the cards retroactively, so if you’ve played the game a lot, you’ll probably receive all of these rewards immediately after they’re released.

Q. When will Siralim 3 be released on iOS/Android?
    A. As soon as possible. We probably won’t announce a date for these – we’ll just release them as soon as they’re ready.

Q. How much will Siralim 3 cost on mobile?
    A. $4.99 USD.

Q. How about PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch? When will Siralim 3 be released on those platforms?
    A. Sometime in 2019. Unfortunately, that’s as accurate of an answer as we have for now – sorry! As for Switch: unfortunately, the game was rejected by Nintendo, and while we’re going to keep trying to get on Switch, we can no longer promise that it will ever happen. We’re also open to working with a publisher for Nintendo Switch, so rest assured that we’ll do everything we can to release it on this platform.

ctathemarius likes this.
  3. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  4. ThylacineStudios

ThylacineStudios Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2014
    Thanks for posting this here!

I'm Zack, the developer of the Siralim series, and I'd be glad to answer any questions anyone has about the game.

Siralim 3 will be released for Android and iOS later this month!

Cooper04, Pagan Fox and ctathemarius like this.
  5. ctathemarius

ctathemarius Well-Known Member

May 11, 2018
    Good to Know! :)

Thank you for visiting here.
    Btw, Is this game the same on all platforms?

6. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Yes, same exact game! We even have a feature that allows you to store your save files in the cloud and access them on other devices, so you could play the same save file on your computer that you play on your phone.

ctathemarius likes this.
  7. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    Awesome! I can not wait for it.

8. ctathemarius

May 11, 2018
    Are you considering the App Store pre-order system for this game? It may help the game to be more widely exposed. Thanks in advance.

9. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Nope, no pre-orders. The game is so close to being ready for mobile release that it would just force me to artificially delay the release date at this point.

10. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    If it’s not too much to ask what are the main differences between Siralim 2 and 3?
    Oh and I already have 1 and 2 so 3 will be an instant buy for me on Steam and iOS. :)

11. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Thanks for your support! I remember your name from the very beginning - great to hear from you again!

Good question! There's a big list of differences here: http://thylacinestudios.com/siralim3/faq.php

That's not all of them, but it should summarize everything well enough.

12. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    This is honestly my most hyped release of the year...

I hope the TouchArcade community can help your sales Zack :)

As always I am there and will purchase both iOS and PC once mobile version drops, eager to support the great Siralim once again

Pagan Fox likes this.
  13. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    As shown in the following very positive user ratings, this game has already been guaranteed. Plus, it's really good if Steam and Mobile's save data are linked together.

[​IMG]

FYI, Steam version is now a 10% discount for the launch event. As mentioned above, you could play the same save file on your computer that you play on your phone. If you want to enjoy it in advance, check it out now. ;)

* [Steam] Siralim 3 (by Thylacine Studios)
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/841770/Siralim_3/

[​IMG]

14. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Great to see you again Zack, many happy memories playing Siralim 1 & 2.
    Thanks for updating here and on Facebook and gratz on the successful steam release.
    Can’t wait to play numero tres!

15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Okay one more question, and you left yourself open to having it asked :p

What date is iOS release?........come on.....breaking news!!!.....first heard here on TouchArcade..... pleaseeee :rolleyes:

16. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    Honestly, I don't have an exact date yet. I really hate when developers say "it's ready when it's done", but that's actually the truth in this case. I have a few small issues to fix and then I need to test those fixes, so it all depends on how smoothly that all goes. :)

17. Sieye

Sieye Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    East Coast
    So while I like rogue games, monster catching games, for me, are always more enticing with a storyline. Reading more, it seems like the 1st two don't really have a story. Will the 3rd one? Overall it looks awesome and the graphics are right up my alley. Thanks!

18. ThylacineStudios

Jul 9, 2014
    It definitely has the most story content of all three games, but if you want something on the level of a JRPG with hours upon hours of story content, this probably won't do it for you. The story takes anywhere from 10 to 15 hours to complete, and then the game opens up with all its end-game content that is all very light on story.

Sieye likes this.
  19. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
  20. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Is the save-system improved on this one? I really tried to get into Siralim 1, since it was a lot fun, but I would not resume the game on the realm I was at the time.