Universal Saber's Edge - Puzzle RPG (by Hibernum Creations Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Ouch. We’re sorry to hear about your issue with the download! Contact our Saber’s Edge support team at: [email protected] and we will try to assist you!

2. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Glad to see you on here, I'm loving it so far! Is there any way to delete a Facebook save? I tried to save my game but is says there is already a save game there and asks if I'd like to use that.

This is by far the most strategic match genre game I've played, the ability to link your color chains throughout your party is excellent, knowing what your skills do and maneuvering your party accordingly is a brilliant part of the strategy. Gold and gems drop at a fairly regular basis which is nice, my only issue is with the timer mechanism but that seems to be a key part of these free to play games.

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Glad to see you here, Hibernum Games :) Nothing better than a dev who takes into account user feedback!
    Something else, could you differentiate the character chests from item chests? i wasted all my premium currency so far (3 draws) and only got 1 character and 2 items.

I like the slow but steady trickle of premium currency when we complete stages! Add some small daily premium rewards from the daily quests and events, and you're on a great path!

I support generous and well made F2P (recent personal examples - Dragon Blaze, Marvel Future Fight) and not ones that try to cashgrab with timers (Avengers Academy)

Also, you are probably aware, but great quality match3-RPGs are counted in the fingers of one hand so.. onwards :)

4. Galvaude

Galvaude Active Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Played it a lot on Android before christmas, it's a very high quality polished puzzle rpg. The artwork is original and beautiful. There was no "welcome pack" back then so I can't comment on this. They also update it often with new features. It shows that it was made by passionnate devs.

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    For Magic: the Gathering - Puzzle Quest vets, how does this compare in terms of strategic depth and width to that tactical match-3 behemoth?

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Game is seriously good, I dont get that welcome pack ad anymore either!

7. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I hate chain reactions so if this game avoids that focus (like Dungeon Raid, etc.) then I am delighted.

As noted before there are plenty of other games that go that way (and I avoid them).

I've got to agree, though, if there are tilt effects then it's essential to be able to turn those off.

I'm looking forward to the US launch. Any estimate of when? I generally avoid downloading games with my foreign account unless strongly motivated.

8. countBasil

countBasil Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    [NZ; AU; CA Soft Launch] Saber's Edge - Puzzle RPG (by Hibernum Creations Inc.)

I agree with NOT wanting chain reaction effects. It’s a different joy to create situations in which extremely long connections can be made, and more fulfilling to me as the match cascades sometimes have a lot of luck (vs strategy)

Even better is being given an incentive (a chance of bonus) for longer matches--only Dungeon Raid did that. It adds a whole new strategic element, as the player has to balance whether to do a chain now or wait so one might get an addition bonus for a longer connection!

Oh boy oh boy, I hope Saber’s Edge does that :)

9. TokyoDan

TokyoDan Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    On the TA podcast they mentioned Saber's Edge and Super Senso. Wow! both are really good. Saber's Edge is a match three and these just keep getting better. Its gameplay is a bit like Ironcast on Steam ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/327670 ). And this has probably already been mentioned but 'Senso' is a Japanese word that means 'war'.

10. dalbertson

dalbertson Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    #30 dalbertson, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    Just got the new update, not liking the drop from 5 soul stones to 1 during battles, that makes grinding for the Seven Skies 10 pack almost impossible. I did notice that "Crew" has been added to the packs purchasable with doubloons but out of the two 10 packs I just opened I didn't get any so the drop on those must be pretty low. I know this is the soft launch and you're still trying to work out the IAP mechanics but it was already a slow grind getting soul stones and now its almost unattainable. I'll stick with it awhile longer to see what other changes you push through, hopefully you can keep this enjoyable game from being too dependent on IAP purchases yet still find a way to make money...probably a difficult balance.

I DO like the new menus and replay features added to the battles. Thank you for making it easier to jump into the game.

Just saw the changes you made in the "Recruit" section...does that mean you can no longer unlock a crew member, just get cards that you can apply to unlocking/leveling them up? That makes the soul stone change even worse.

11. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Is there an estimated US release date?

12. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    What a horrible update. Gems reduced to 1 and now you no longer unlock a crew, you get cards to eventually unlock.
    50 cards for the rare member, at 175 gems a pull, and now you only get 1 gem's worth. Pffft. Get outta here! That's a pretty drastic change.
    Can't see me continuing anymore after I just recruited a card not a crew member!

13. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Bummer. Was already concerned before this patch. I'll definitely shelve it now.

14. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    deleted, it got too unbalanced for my tastes around story stage 10. If its this hard this early in the game, i cant imagine why i would want to torture myself playing further.

15. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    Hard to play, or hard to play without IAP? That's the question. Hard is good, if it's not a kind of difficulty that can't be overcome with skill and/or persistence.

16. Diceless

Diceless New Member

Feb 27, 2014
    The game has been updated recently with a complete refactor of a lot of things...

17. DaviddesJ

Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    So no date for coming to US?

18. NoMaDsOuL

NoMaDsOuL New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    CM
    Québec, Canada
  19. NoMaDsOuL

NoMaDsOuL New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    CM
    Québec, Canada
    New version available on both the App Store and Google Play store.

20. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015
    looks like this is out worldwide now