Universal Rush Rally (By Brownmonster)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Brownmonster, Mar 19, 2015.

1. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Okay, impressive yes, but surprising, no considering the quality work they've done in the past! Good stuff! :D

2. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    I've played this on a Nexus 7 and like it a lot. The handling reminds me of the good PC rally racers of yesteryear (like Richard Burns Rally) -- it's not stupidly twitchy and sensitive, and when I make a mistake it's usually MY fault, not the controls, and that's a rarity in many mobile racers!

I will give it a shot on the iPhone 5S as I'm interested to see how it translates to a far smaller screen.

3. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    This is my first experience with their work, and they've made quite a good first impression with me. This is a top notch game, and I'm super happy that it's becoming pretty popular here.

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  5. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    This does play nicely on the iPhone 5S! Even with the smaller screen it plays just as well, perhaps even more smoothly, than on the Nexus 7 (where it wasn't bad by any means, but did seem affected by a little slowdown).

As far as this first one goes -- will it still get updates and bug fixes when #2 is released? Also, would you ever consider an option to hide 'ghost cars?' I've always found them a bit distracting, but I know people like 'em so a toggle option would be neat.

6. Brownmonster

Brownmonster Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Software Engineer /Company Director
    England
    Thanks, so the plan is this, 99.9% of the game code is all the same, the only difference is data, of which we don't have much. (of the people who have seen Rush Rally 2 they cannot believe it is the same code because of the difference with camera angle and game play!!). So any bug fixes will be bug present in any new games using the engine so I see no reason we cannot keep all versions up to date (in fact I have another version of Rush Rally ready with some fixes and a lot more optimisations anyway but it just needs a good testing)

As for ghost cars, go to the options menu you can scroll down and turn them off, I don't think the scrolling down is that obvious though... :)

7. RobertsYourUncle

Mar 19, 2015
    I most certainly did, worked a charm.

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Lovely game, I purchased the IAP to support you guys! I like this game, but here are a few things I think would be nice to change, first of all I think the car feels heavy and doesn't drift as much as I would like, or is there something I can do to make my car drift more? Secondly, well I'd love to have a skyline 34GT, I would easily pay 1 dollar to have a few more cars, skyline, audio Quattro (the old one) and maybe the Renault alpine which is probably one of the best looking car during its time ^^

9. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #89 Ayjona, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    Shareware reborn, and improved

I've yet to play the game (though I will, though the best I've ever achieved in any racing game is to crash and burn slightly less awkwardly than the race before), but I just wanted to voice my support of freemium titles with one-time unlocks that remove both ads and timers/paywalls.

I've no idea if it is financially viable in general, but it's a boon to players.

10. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Audi Quattro for sure, how about a Carlos Sainz Celica, Gronholm Peugeot, the chunky old Fiat (can't remember the model, but it was sponsored by Alitalia) , Subaru WRX, Ford Focus, (is that in the teaser for 2),... so many more....

11. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
  12. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
  13. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Great stuff, great stuff. ***** Thts jmo tho.

14. Trocergian

Trocergian Active Member

Dec 30, 2010
    iPad 2 - no joy

Instant crash to desktop on my iPad 2. Cleared cache, rebooted, same crash.

Darn it, sounds fun.

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Excellent game guys. Really great payment model. I wish more devs would follow suit. I gladly payed the low price to remove the gas gauge and ads (of which I only saw one, and it was a simple pop-up). Best of luck to you both!

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Silly question, how do you upload a replay video?

17. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Crashes when Game center starts even after reboot and regardless of whether airplane mode is enabled.

18. Grimstone82

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Device? It crashes on my retina mini but runs beautifully on my iPhone 6.

19. bruno7

bruno7 New Member

May 9, 2012
    Male
    Prague
    Impressive game, I love it so far!

Thanks developers for the hard work!

The only thing I'd change are the controls buttons - they are way too big even after adjusting them to the smallest size. And I would definitely swap throttle and brake buttons - player uses throttle button much more than the brake, that's for sure. And since the throttle is on the top my fingers are in the not-so-convenient position all the time.

Apart from this - brilliant racing game!

20. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    This game is pretty damn well done. I like the headlights lighting up the track during the night rally cross mode.

Anybody tried this with a mifi controller? I'd think it might be sorta... awesome #