Universal Republique - (by Camouflaj LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 18, 2013.

1. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    okay soooo, to anyone wondering about that, république does not work on ios6.x. I went and tried the .plist tweak, not for the win. so I guess I'll soon have to take the jump aboard the ios7 train, if I want to play république. breaks my heart a little, tho...

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Is it possible to level up further than Omni Version 1.0 by playing via Game+ in this chapter? I've finished the story but there are still a few areas than I haven't unlocked and items to collect.

Very good game though, and the chapter 2 preview looks great.

3. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I'm hoping (ughgghgh... get it?) to put more time into this over the weekend. I turned off the commentary option before playing so I wouldn't accidentally tap on the icons while playing. Gotta save that for a second play through.

One thing I noticed after paying for the season pass is that you get a making-of video included, but it's only part of the whole thing. The other video(s) is(are) $2. I think for now, maybe I'll just stick with their podcast for that kind of info.

4. Otaku73

Otaku73 Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Currently stuck with the finger scan for opening a door, there's a finger scan print on the wall, don't know what to do?

5. Forgot all about this game, downloading it now.

6. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Do you mean that you can't find the fingerprint scan, or have you found it and don't know how to use it?

7. Otaku73

Otaku73 Member

Oct 27, 2009
    #87 Otaku73, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    Got it. I needed to upgrade my skills to enable emails reading.

Nope, that didn't quite do it.
    Where can I find finger print to open that damn door?

8. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I recommend continuing the game in Game+ mode after completing the story. I'm finding a whole bunch of new areas and extra content that I missed completely the first time round. Amazing game!

9. PaulEd7

PaulEd7 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Does this have icloud sync between devices? Thanks

10. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Got caught and now I don't know how to get out lol

How do you get out of the holding cell?

11. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    You should be able to tap on the cell door when in OMNI View.

12. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Have you read the TA Review? (other reviews are available) This should give you a pretty good overview of what you do in the game.

13. Foghorn Irrascible

Foghorn Irrascible Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    First I've heard of this game and have enjoyed the first hour or so but I'm holding off buying the full 5 eps because frankly I need to see what else they introduce gameplay-wise because 4 more eps of guard-patrol-avoidance would be pretty boring. I'm already getting a little bored of it and I'm only halfway through the first ep.

Question: is it possible to listen to or read all the dev diaries without going back through the game to find them manually? Because I'm not going to do that, and yet I do want to hear them.

14. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Damn this game is amazing. Suck a looker and great atmosphere. I almost get a Half-Life vibe here. Controlling cameras and pointing her in the right direction feels like a great idea and makes for some fun and different gameplay. Love it.

15. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    This is why I'm holding off buying because if its just guard avoidance it's not for me. Looks like that's mostly what it is however nice the graphics may be. Thanks for pointing this out.

16. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I would LOVE the option to hear the clips I've already unlocked from an extras menu. Hope that's on their list to add in an update. Also, I agree in hopes for differing gameplay in new episodes. I would really enjoy some more of the same, but would hope there would be new editions to the gameplay situations with each new episode.

All that aside, wow, this game is exciting. Up late last night taking my time through the first 10% of it.

17. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    #97 coderkid, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    You want the red power switch, look around the room in OMNI view.

Anyway, I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't become more immersed/emotionally invested in the story (we get very little background on Hope), and sneaking around got a bit stale. I suppose I'm used to The Walking Dead :p

18. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Me too. Pretty neat game and concept but man was it over much too quickly and the episodic part of the story wasn't all that engrossing. 4.99$??? Not really worth it as far as what you're getting. Definitely won't be paying for another episode. Eli's hate for KS aside, looks like he could've been right about this game lol

19. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Republique Backers Told to Buy Game Then Ask for Refund

The first chapter of Camouflaj's Kickstarted title Republique has gone live but the developer has encountered problems attempting to provide codes to the game's backers.

In an update on the game's Kickstarter page Camouflaj pinned their difficulties on Apple's policy of preventing mass-code giveaways. The problem is particularly affecting non-U.S. backers of Republique as the App Store does not permit gifts to be sent to people in other regions.

Source:

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    This game = flippin masterpiece

It's a combination of my 2 favorite things: Sci-fi and stealth games

The universe is so ridiculously rich it's incredible.

My only gripe is that the AI is really really primitive